mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Jet 9 rdo size large with lefty

Is anyone using a normal clamp spacing lefty on their large framed jet 9 rdo? I have one on my alloy jet 9 and am considering buying a rdo and was hoping to fit my same lefty. It was tight getting it on the alloy and it looks like it won't technically fit with the headset stack on the rdo. Does anyone have the normal non xl spacing lefty on their size large jet 9 rdo?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    After doing a little more math it looks like it exceeds the stack height limit of the lefty by 2mm. Has anyone shaved a little off the headset top cap to shorten up the top stack height or no? 2mm isn't a huge amount so it may not matter, I want to say the alloy version had a mm or two as well so stack height would pretty much be the same. If anyone else has put one on their large without XL clamps let me know, much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I think it's off more than that. The normal Lefty just barely fits the medium RDO frame. Looks like the large has a 10mm longer HT than that even. I don't think you included the stack height of the headset in your calculations. It's mostly internal, but there is some room taken up outside the HT. I think the technical stack height of the CK headset I used is 12.5mm or something like that. So 120 plus 12.5...left just enough room to get it all in there. The large would just be impossible...have to go to the XL Lefty me thinks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hmm. The head tube is 130mm and the cane creek headset adds 10mm so a total of 140. The clamp spacing I read was 138, so 2mm. Am I finding incorrect info? Thanks for the response.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    See what you're saying, but just don't think it'll work. I checked mine out again last night. It's a medium frame, CK headset, normal crown Lefty, and P321 adaptor for tapered head tube. The whole thing fits together with ZERO spacers on top of the hs, and the top clamp spacer on the P321 adaptor centered in the clamp (i.e. a mil or so showing on both top and bottom of the Lefty clamp itself.) The numbers would indicate that I should have a 5mm spacer on top of the hs (137.5-120-12.5=5,) but I don't. Certainly 10mm more ht length will not fit between those clamps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Cool, thanks for taking another look. Looks like that's out then.