mtbr member

Jet 9 RDO with single chain ring setup alignment

I have been trying to get the best chain line possible on my new Jet9 RDO single chainring (1x10)setup. But no matter how many spacers I take out from the drive side the chain seems awfully pulled to the left when I have the chain in the biggest cassette sprocket. I had this same setup on my Rip and had no problem with it. In fact,I am just transferring the parts from my Rip to the RDO, which has the bottom bracket width. The only difference is the addition of the Sram PF30 to BSA adapter on the RDO to make my Shimano crankset work.

For those who have single chainring setup, with a Shimano crankset, could you please tell me how many spacers, their width and on which side you used them?

Thanks

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by danvar View Post
    I have been trying to get the best chain line possible on my new Jet9 RDO single chainring (1x10)setup. But no matter how many spacers I take out from the drive side the chain seems awfully pulled to the left when I have the chain in the biggest cassette sprocket. I had this same setup on my Rip and had no problem with it. In fact,I am just transferring the parts from my Rip to the RDO, which has the bottom bracket width. The only difference is the addition of the Sram PF30 to BSA adapter on the RDO to make my Shimano crankset work.

For those who have single chainring setup, with a Shimano crankset, could you please tell me how many spacers, their width and on which side you used them?

Thanks
    What crank & ring setup are you running ?

Is it a 1x crank or a 2x that you are running bthe outer ring, Or is it a 3x that you are only running the middle ring ?

mtbr member
    Its a 3x crank that I have been running only the middle ring. Its funny cause it worked perfect on the Rip. No spacers om the bolts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm running XT cranks with a MRP1x. I have the Wheels Manufacturing adapters. My cranks slide in with out any spacers.

My chain does look like it runs a little from the inside but shifts fine and runs great.

mtbr member
    Thanks azpoolguy. It does seem to look better without any spacers than with the 2.5mm that Niner suggested. Anyone else have a single chainring Shimano crankset out there?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've been running a 10 spd 104BCD XTR crank with an e-13 34t chain ring on my J9RDO. I have a Sram PF30 bb with the wheels manufacturing adaptors, no spacers. This is the set up I've run all season with no issues.