Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 95 of 95

Thread: Jet 9 RDO pics

  1. #51
    Every Ride A Gift
    Reputation: bwhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    77
    I'm extremely impressed with my Terralogic fork so far. It's slightly heavier, but the performance is quite remarkable, doing exactly what it's supposed to - staying nice and stiff on climbs and under hard cranking, and then immediately soaking up any actual bumps. Nice not to have to lock it out manually. I was a bit skeptical about it, but so far quite pleased.

  2. #52
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhip View Post
    I'm extremely impressed with my Terralogic fork so far. It's slightly heavier, but the performance is quite remarkable, doing exactly what it's supposed to - staying nice and stiff on climbs and under hard cranking, and then immediately soaking up any actual bumps. Nice not to have to lock it out manually. I was a bit skeptical about it, but so far quite pleased.
    What bike do you have the forks on?

  3. #53
    Every Ride A Gift
    Reputation: bwhip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    What bike do you have the forks on?
    Jet 9 RDO, XL frame size


  4. #54
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhip View Post
    Jet 9 RDO, XL frame size

    VERY NICE !!!!!

  5. #55
    Enough of the dark side..
    Reputation: BillyMTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    253

    An Update

    I just want to write a little bit more about the J9RDO - Now having done another solid ride on it since the rains have paused I am even more impressed with the bike now if that was possible. The trail I did was mostly rocky, quite rough up and down so plenty of variety. I have also done this trail so many times I have lost count so I know it very well. The J9RDO was fast, in fact 10 mins faster than my fastest ever time on a hardtail 29er but that would makes sense since this track is rough. What I really loved though was how easily the J9RDO handled the rough climbs and rough single track, it's a dream come true. After 70km of riding that stuff I was still feeling fresh! It may be totally fitness or coincidence but the longer the ride went on the further away I got from my riding buddies, these are fit guys, I have to work and struggle to stay with them on road bikes but I feel that with the help of the J9RDO I had that little bit extra that made a huge difference on the trail. To put simply, the bike climbs like a hardtail but when it gets rough it knows how to look after you - what more can I say other than if you are on the fence don't wait, just get it if you like to go quick! I truly love mine and would even buy another if I could!
    Don't use Mr Sheen on your brakes, listen to your Mother.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5
    My bike. 9,9 Kg including the reverb seatpost. Built to go everywhere. XC races and bigger trails...

    Im not allowed to post pics so you have to follow the link...

    mittlivsomcykel.files.wordpress.com

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    Jet 9 RDO pics-p1010622.jpg

    new to posting, based in Rotorua, New Zealand, where muzzanic does most of his riding. Have been riding a SS SIR9 for over 3 years, just bit the bullet and purchased nice Jet9 RDO in stealth colours. Running 1x9 with E13 cranks and chain guide, white brothers loop 120, racing ralphs (FR 2.4 rear 2.25), niner carbon bars and post, niner stem. Eating up lots of miles quickly and loving it.
    Coming off HT SS, I had been worried it wouldn't climb so well but after over 12 hours of riding in last 8 days have put that worry to bed. Mine isn't super light like a lot are posting (I am guessing 24 lb's) but is a practical build for this area and just performs amazingly well.

  8. #58
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by flying fish NZ View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010622.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	687900

    new to posting, based in Rotorua, New Zealand, where muzzanic does most of his riding. Have been riding a SS SIR9 for over 3 years, just bit the bullet and purchased nice Jet9 RDO in stealth colours. Running 1x9 with E13 cranks and chain guide, white brothers loop 120, racing ralphs (FR 2.4 rear 2.25), niner carbon bars and post, niner stem. Eating up lots of miles quickly and loving it.
    Coming off HT SS, I had been worried it wouldn't climb so well but after over 12 hours of riding in last 8 days have put that worry to bed. Mine isn't super light like a lot are posting (I am guessing 24 lb's) but is a practical build for this area and just performs amazingly well.
    Nice bike, We may well se each other on the trails soon.

    I'm hoping to get over there on sunday, But maybe taking over some newbe's
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    This RDO is my 4th NINER and already my Favorite FS 29er by far!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet 9 RDO pics-zzzzzrdozzzzz.jpg  

    Last edited by FLAFIRE; 04-11-2012 at 05:33 PM.

  10. #60
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAFIRE View Post
    This RDO is my 4th NINER and already my Favorite FS 29er by far!!
    How bout some description on your ride... Some of us haven't had the privilege to ride such a beast in the way it should be ridden...

  11. #61
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,730

    Sorry, dude

    Quote Originally Posted by duffin View Post
    My girlfriend and I ordered one each. She has never rode one either. She did ride a Jet 9 and was blown away how fast and easy it was to climb. She didn't need to hear the RDO was better. She didn't want to hear I had a better bike so she said "I want one too!"
    But I talked to her and I am going to get her a XX model and a decked out Air 9 RDO. Expect a Dear John letter tomorrow

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15
    hey muzzanic, I was going to send you my mobile no in a private message, but don't have enough posts. Perhaps you could send me yours and i'll text details. Would be keen to catch up but may be out of town this weekend, not quite sure.

  13. #63
    N2B
    N2B is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by VilleSWE View Post
    My bike. 9,9 Kg including the reverb seatpost. Built to go everywhere. XC races and bigger trails...

    Im not allowed to post pics so you have to follow the link...

    mittlivsomcykel.files.wordpress.com
    what parts did you use ?!

    is it ax lightness wheels and a lightning crank ?!

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    248

    Finally Complete!

    After a couple months of slowly putting it together, ready to ride! Medium Licorice, Lefty Max w/110mm of travel, P321/Enve wheels, RF Next SL crank, set-up 1x w/MRP chain guide, XTR shifting, RDO bar and post, etc. Comes in at about 23.2 lbs. Can't wait to get it on the trail. It would have been another week probably to get that new shift kit from Niner, and already had cables/housings ran, so I hope no probs with the shifting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet 9 RDO pics-img_1201-copy.jpg  

    Jet 9 RDO pics-img_1207-copy.jpg  


  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhip View Post
    I'm extremely impressed with my Terralogic fork so far. It's slightly heavier, but the performance is quite remarkable, doing exactly what it's supposed to - staying nice and stiff on climbs and under hard cranking, and then immediately soaking up any actual bumps. Nice not to have to lock it out manually. I was a bit skeptical about it, but so far quite pleased.
    I could not have said this any better. Since I got my Jet9 RDO last month, I have ridden about 400 miles and my Terralogic fork has performed flawlessly!!
    2013 Niner Jet 9 RDO
    2011 Niner One 9
    2013 Trek Madone 7.9

  16. #66
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by rwitte View Post
    After a couple months of slowly putting it together, ready to ride! Medium Licorice, Lefty Max w/110mm of travel, P321/Enve wheels, RF Next SL crank, set-up 1x w/MRP chain guide, XTR shifting, RDO bar and post, etc. Comes in at about 23.2 lbs. Can't wait to get it on the trail. It would have been another week probably to get that new shift kit from Niner, and already had cables/housings ran, so I hope no probs with the shifting.
    Beautiful, beautiful build !! How do you like the front shock on the bike ? Does it work well together with the rear suspension? Canrgats to you on the bike!!

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    248
    Thanks! Well, haven't actually hit dirt with it yet. Lots of rain Saturday, all the trails were too wet. Which, ironically, is the only reason I was able to get the build finished, as I wasn't riding! Maiden voyage tomorrow. However, I've been riding mostly Lefty's for the last couple seasons, and I have found them to be better in about every way than "standard" forks. So I'm pretty confident it will be great.

    Randy

  18. #68
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by rwitte View Post
    Thanks! Well, haven't actually hit dirt with it yet. Lots of rain Saturday, all the trails were too wet. Which, ironically, is the only reason I was able to get the build finished, as I wasn't riding! Maiden voyage tomorrow. However, I've been riding mostly Lefty's for the last couple seasons, and I have found them to be better in about every way than "standard" forks. So I'm pretty confident it will be great.

    Randy
    Give us you impression after the ride...
    I'm sure it will ride as good as it Looks...
    ENJOY THE RIDE !!!

  19. #69
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by rwitte View Post
    After a couple months of slowly putting it together, ready to ride! Medium Licorice, Lefty Max w/110mm of travel, P321/Enve wheels, RF Next SL crank, set-up 1x w/MRP chain guide, XTR shifting, RDO bar and post, etc. Comes in at about 23.2 lbs. Can't wait to get it on the trail. It would have been another week probably to get that new shift kit from Niner, and already had cables/housings ran, so I hope no probs with the shifting.
    Really Awesome Build...
    Luv the Combo...

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27
    The ride is perfection! After riding numerous other bikes built in the last couple of years, the RDO is smooth as my RIP 9, which was my favorite for the last 3 years.The RDO is way easier to toss around being lighter and provides the dialed in perfect rideability for any terrain!

  21. #71
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAFIRE View Post
    The ride is perfection! After riding numerous other bikes built in the last couple of years, the RDO is smooth as my RIP 9, which was my favorite for the last 3 years.The RDO is way easier to toss around being lighter and provides the dialed in perfect rideability for any terrain!
    yes that's how I feel.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    127
    I finally have some good (well good for my photography skills) pictures worth posting.













    The bike is amazing in all situations. I picked it up Saturday and now have over 50 miles on it. I expected a lot out of this build but never thought I would get a bike that was so fast and fun to ride.
    Are you a road biker that likes hills? Try this Michigan Mountain Mayhem.

  23. #73
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by "Fred" View Post
    I finally have some good (well good for my photography skills) pictures worth posting.













    The bike is amazing in all situations. I picked it up Saturday and now have over 50 miles on it. I expected a lot out of this build but never thought I would get a bike that was so fast and fun to ride.
    Bike looks awesome!!! Luv the look of the RDO with the Lefty

    Give us your impression of "the ride".

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    22
    Finally built mine up after waiting 3 months for the frame. It is so fast compared to my enduro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet 9 RDO pics-p1010175-800x600-.jpg  


  25. #75
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboy View Post
    Finally built mine up after waiting 3 months for the frame. It is so fast compared to my enduro.
    Congrats on the build, Luv the looks of the RDO !!!

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    248

    First ride last night...

    And all I can say is WOW!

    - 110mm Lefty seems ideal.
    - The handling...amazing. Niner just really has this down!
    - It's like the combo of the frame, laterally stiff Lefty, and the Enve wheels (WOW on those too!) make for this one piece structure that helps allow the suspension to do it's thing perfectly.
    - Speaking of...pedals amazingly well. I'm really probably a single-speeder at heart, so this was particularly noticeable to me.
    - Was worried about the feel and power of the MT-8 brakes at first, but they came around.
    - This thing prefers SPEED. Doing a 45 min shakedown at a slower pace before the main group ride started I was like "nice, but..." Then the real ride started, and the faster we went the more this bike shined. 2 hours later...WOW!

    Randy

  27. #77
    "THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Reputation: torque29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by rwitte View Post
    And all I can say is WOW!

    - 110mm Lefty seems ideal.
    - The handling...amazing. Niner just really has this down!
    - It's like the combo of the frame, laterally stiff Lefty, and the Enve wheels (WOW on those too!) make for this one piece structure that helps allow the suspension to do it's thing perfectly.
    - Speaking of...pedals amazingly well. I'm really probably a single-speeder at heart, so this was particularly noticeable to me.
    - Was worried about the feel and power of the MT-8 brakes at first, but they came around.
    - This thing prefers SPEED. Doing a 45 min shakedown at a slower pace before the main group ride started I was like "nice, but..." Then the real ride started, and the faster we went the more this bike shined. 2 hours later...WOW!

    Randy
    Awesome!!!
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15
    Awesome builds

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    84
    Finally got mine in after a 2 month wait but was well worth it! Have had much of a chance to play with the suspension other then set the sag as I have had too much fun riding it to stop and make any changes. Overall it is a welcome replacement to my much loved Salsa Big Mama, geo numbers are very similar and lighter and better pedaling.

    Build is Competitive Cyclists signature bike but I put my old Stan's Arches on for the time being as the Easton wheels that came with it didn't come with the valves for tubeless.




  30. #80
    DFMBA.org
    Reputation: MTBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,690
    I don't get white forks on all-black bikes. It's like a white hood on an all-black car.

  31. #81
    DFMBA.org
    Reputation: MTBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboy View Post
    Finally built mine up after waiting 3 months for the frame. It is so fast compared to my enduro.
    Sex on wheels. Nice.

  32. #82
    jk
    jk is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    I don't get white forks on all-black bikes. It's like a white hood on an all-black car.

    There isn't exactly a plethora of colors in Fox's lineup. Add to that the black Fox's are flat black not gloss. I may be wrong, but I think only the Talas' are black as well and typically cost more. So if you like Fox the choice is limited. That aside I don't think there is anything wrong a white fork on a black bike...there are much worse color combo's out there.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    I don't get white forks on all-black bikes. It's like a white hood on an all-black car.
    Jk is correct. I had a black one on my Tallboy, it was not a Talas, and it was not exactly flat black but close (definitely not gloss black). From what I have understood, Fox only sells the Float 32 CTD (non-talas) 120mm to certain bike manufacturers, such as Santa Cruz, and Niner (100mm).

    If you buy from Comp Cyclist or Speedgoat or these online retailers, they are unable to get black Fox 32 CTD Float 120m or 100mm forks in black, only white. So if you get the black licorice bike and you want the Fox 120mm fork you get the white. Unless you want the heavy Talas fork, then you can get black.

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    I don't get white forks on all-black bikes. It's like a white hood on an all-black car.
    I think it looks good... I know this is a pic thread but personally I'd never let paint decide which fork I spec.

  35. #85
    aka bOb
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,527

    TDO not RDO

    Specs:
    Size Med.
    2013 RS Sid 120 rct3
    I9 wheelset with Arch rims
    RS Reverb Dropper Post
    Race Face Next Crankset
    Sram 1080 cassette
    XTR 980 Ispec shifters
    XTR 985 shadow plus rear derailluer.
    Sram XO front derailleur.
    XTR 988 Trail brakes with Ice Tech rotors
    XTR pedals
    Race Face Turbine stem
    Niner Carbon bars
    2.35 Nobby Nic ss front tire
    2.25 Racing Ralph ss rear tire.
    Spec Phenom saddle.
    25# 5 oz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet 9 RDO pics-imag0621.jpg  

    Jet 9 RDO pics-imag0622.jpg  

    Jet 9 RDO pics-imag0619.jpg  


  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    629
    Sorry to hijack, I'll post pics of my rdo in the morning, but had a question for you rdo guys. Has anyone tried running a seatpost shim on this frame? I know its not ideal but have an almost new rdo post in 30.9 and driving me crazy that it's just sitting in the parts bin.

    I've had the problem solvers 30.9 to 31.6 shim sitting here for the last month but too scared to try it. Common sense is telling me it may be a bad idea to put this extremely thin shim between two expensive pieces of carbon. Of course, I'd run the min amount of inserted post with plenty of grease. Anyone used this 30.9-31.6 shim on a carbon frame? Think it's worth a try or will I be wasting my time dealing with a creeking/loud seatpost? Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers.

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: goodoljake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by drz400sm View Post
    Sorry to hijack, I'll post pics of my rdo in the morning, but had a question for you rdo guys. Has anyone tried running a seatpost shim on this frame? I know its not ideal but have an almost new rdo post in 30.9 and driving me crazy that it's just sitting in the parts bin.

    I've had the problem solvers 30.9 to 31.6 shim sitting here for the last month but too scared to try it. Common sense is telling me it may be a bad idea to put this extremely thin shim between two expensive pieces of carbon. Of course, I'd run the min amount of inserted post with plenty of grease. Anyone used this 30.9-31.6 shim on a carbon frame? Think it's worth a try or will I be wasting my time dealing with a creeking/loud seatpost? Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers.
    I wouldn't consider it. Not a chance in carbon. Too risky i say for damage. I have a regular Carbon Niner post, 31.6 Red i would trade you though!

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    629
    Yea, same thing I was thinking. I was hoping someone would say they've done it and works perfect..but seems like there is absolutely no feedback on the 30.9 to 31.6 shim regardless of the bike used on.

    I would totally trade but I actually just bought the regular carbon niner post to use for the time being. Is their a trading section on this forum? Or just the "classified" section.

  39. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: goodoljake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    246

    XX1 Jet 9 RDO for me!

    XL White Jet 9 RDO
    Fox Float 120mm, Maxle
    SRAM XX1 Drivetrain
    Shimano XTR 988 Trail Brakeset
    American Classic MTB Wheelset
    Schwalbe Ron & Ralph
    Niner Flat Top Bar, ESI Chunky Grips
    Niner RDO Stem 110mm
    Kind Shock Supernatural Seatpost 435mm
    Forte Pro SL Saddle
    Shimano XT Pedals
    26lbs (includes pedals, tubes, pump & cage)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet 9 RDO pics-20130208_191503.jpg  

    Jet 9 RDO pics-20130208_191530.jpg  

    Jet 9 RDO pics-20130208_191515.jpg  


  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15

    V1.1 Large RDO w/ XX1



    Large V1.1 Vanna White
    Fox Float 120mm CTD
    Sram XX1
    XT brakes
    Hope/Stan's Crest wheels
    Bonty 29-3 tires

    24.95 lbs.

    Yes those are pink esi grips... haters gonna hate. Feel free. Not taken em' off.

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    Another RDO

    Picked up my Medium a couple days ago. Trails were too icy to ride over the weekend. I'll need to play with my position and eventually chop the steerer and maybe bars. Upgrading from an X.0 2x9 Jet9, so I'm excited about all this new trick gear!

    Medium
    XX1
    SID XX WC
    DT240/Crests
    CR Elixer Mags, upgraded to XX rotors
    RDO post and bar
    SLR saddle
    4ti pedals
    22.3 lbs

    I'm scratching my head how Billly's is .8lbs lighter, with a 3x.

    Jet 9 RDO pics-ninerrdo.jpg
    Last edited by tyuska; 02-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.

  42. #92
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,397
    You know that you can get the Notubes stickes for your wheels with Pink writing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Flashtastic View Post


    Large V1.1 Vanna White
    Fox Float 120mm CTD
    Sram XX1
    XT brakes
    Hope/Stan's Crest wheels
    Bonty 29-3 tires

    24.95 lbs.

    Yes those are pink esi grips... haters gonna hate. Feel free. Not taken em' off.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AngelsAndBombs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23
    Definitely found my new favorite thread. Hopefully this bike is in my life by summer.

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jboyd122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    278
    I've posted much of this in another thread, but I want to add my own pics to this list of amazing bikes.

    Jet 9 RDO pics-niner-jet9-rdo-4489.jpg

    Jet 9 RDO pics-niner-jet9-rdo-4490.jpg

    Jet 9 RDO pics-niner-jet9-rdo-4488.jpg

  45. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dry Cownty Brewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Unless you want the heavy Talas fork, then you can get black.
    This is where I am glad I chose personal preference and a bit of perfomance over weight reduction to my satisfaction. I went with the heavy Talas, and it is hands down the best fork I've ever run on a bike. I am glad I did not go with an SID XX World Cup, which was the only substantial weight savings I would have noticed because I am convinced that the added flex of the XX would not have complimented my riding style. I am especially glad I opted for the extra 122g of the Talas over the Float as I still believe it is a better fork and the white color doesn't work for me on a black Jet.
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •