Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogeek View Post
    I bought this fork: Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox SID RCT3 Solo Air 29er Fork 2013

It's the SID RCT3, 120mm travel, tapered steer tube, 15mm axle. Use the VIP15 coupon at checkout for an extra 15% off the price.
    Exactly the same one I have in the mail Was a real tough choice for me as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 22Rowdy22 View Post
    That's the same one that I am running, no complaints here. I think you will be happy with your purchase!
    For the Je

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Magura?

I have been looking all around at different fork options and really liked the RS SID RCT3, this is like alphabet soup. I then discovered the new line up from magura, in particular the TS8. Similar weight to RS, nice features, and would look fantastic on my new white RDO. Any thoughts between these two. I realize rider time on the TS8 would be very limited but was just hoping for some feedback. BTW, both would be set at 120.
    TS8 R 120/100/80 29"*| MAGURA

mtbr member
    Can somebody tell me what 3-Position Crown Adjust does?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoanaJones View Post
    Can somebody tell me what 3-Position Crown Adjust does?
    This might help: The end-all explanation to Motion Control Damping...
    Single Track Rules!

I take 14,000 ft drops
    Jul 2008
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but how do you guys like your SID 120's? I am making the choice TODAY on what to equip a '14 RDO with: '13 Float 32 no trail adjust vs '14 SID rct3. Any results from your builds would assist me a ton

mtbr member
    I have the Revelation 120 with the RCT3 and love this fork. It can also be converted to 140mm but on the Jet 9 RDO, I believe 120 is the perfect size. A friend has the SID without the RCT3 and although it is a little lighter, I like the plushness of the RCT3 over his. You will probably really like a SID w/RCT3. Now you're going to hear all about the Pike fork, which is a fantastic fork, but work with your budget, I think you'll be happy with the SID. Unless, of course, you can afford the Pike!
    Single Track Rules!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have been riding Fox forks for years but went with the SID RCT3 after a bunch of rides on demo bikes that had the CDT forks and all the great reviews of the new SID's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sellemt View Post
    Hate to resurrect an older thread but how do you guys like your SID 120's? I am making the choice TODAY on what to equip a '14 RDO with: '13 Float 32 no trail adjust vs '14 SID rct3. Any results from your builds would assist me a ton
    I had this same question and decided to go with a sid xx 120. I'm a long time Fox fan and I've been really happy with the sid 120. I've ridden my friends jet 9 with 100mm float and to be honest there isn't a huge difference. Don't overthink it, you'll be happy either way. One thing to note is the '13 Float has issues. I'd go with the rockshox for that reason.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I would get the Sid XX for the XLoc thumb remote to lock it out. That thing is awesome for standing, sprinting, etc.

I take 14,000 ft drops
    Jul 2008
    I ended up with the SID RCT3 for mine. Thanks for the input

Hey Epiphreddy did you sell me a niner seat collar on ebay a few weeks ago? In Alabama

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yes, hope it is working out well.

I take 14,000 ft drops
    Jul 2008
    I too ended up going with a SID but opted for the RCT3 damper without the bar remote. I never lock out my front suspension. So far I am completely satisfied with the SID vs my old reba rl and compared to a friends RDO with a Kashima Fox 32. Small bumps absorb fairly well and the rough stuff feels great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2