mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Jet 9 RDO links squeaking - repack?

I've had my RDO since March and have less than 500 miles on it. Never washed it with hose; always hand washed.

I can't believe I am getting squeaking from my links. It sounds like the lower links.

Do I repack the bearings? If so, how?

Anything else I should check for?
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sounds like maybe its time to clean the bike. Hosing isn't good but cleaning is. Probably just dirt between the likes and the frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duffin View Post
    I've had my RDO since March and have less than 500 miles on it. Never washed it with hose; always hand washed.

I can't believe I am getting squeaking from my links. It sounds like the lower links.

Do I repack the bearings? If so, how?

Anything else I should check for?
    Trying applying some teflon lube to all the pivot points & double checking that all the bolts are tight....that usually resolves a squeaky rear end

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I took the whole suspension apart short of pulling the bearings and cleaned everything and reassembled with just a dab of Park Tools Polylube 1000.

Raced it 26 miles on Saturday through rock gardens in Annadel State Park and squeak didn't come back. Whew!

However, I did notice the left side of the rocker arm has a bit more space between it and the seat tube frame mount. Not sure if that is by design or not.
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)