mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Jet 9 RDO / Fox Float CTD torque specs?

I know the rest of the suspension bolts are 9NM, but I am not sure about the bolt that connects the bottom of the Fox Float CTD to the frame. I can pull up on the shock and it slightly moves the entire mechanism... I tightened that bottom bolt one turn, and it got rid of the play, but it came back after a ride. Anyone know the correct specs for it? Thanks.

mtbr member
    6Nm if memory serves me correct. That's what I have mine at and no issues.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have a 2012 Jet RDO. I replaced the DU bushings with the new Fox plastic DU bushings and had the same play you are talking about. It is not where the bolt passes through the frame but on the shock. I tried wrapping the bolt with Teflon tape but threading back through the frame defeated the purpose. I then went the RWC route and have not had any problems. If you dig through past history on this post you will find people talking about the play.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Interesting... so what you are saying is because the bushings are junk the bolt loosens? Mine loosened up after one ride. 2013 BTW.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Mine loosen up occasionally too even when torqued to 9Nm. Niner released an update to the manual saying to increase to torque to 9 from 6.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The lower shock mount pivot does not really rotate like the upper pivot. Tightening the bolts will not take the slop out. Allot of people where saying Fox know what they are doing, and would not put out junk with this new DU bushings. They are junk.

I believe rear shock should be free to rotate and not bound by being clamped to a frame member causing stiction. Rear shocks should come with rod end bearings.

Look at where the play is, I felt and could see the play in the DU bushings.

I found the thread on MTBR forum: Fox polymer shock bushings, Is it just me or?

Either replace your DU bushings with the old aluminum or RWC bushings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The bushings from Fox suck. I just installed the RWC bushings in mine. I had some play in the top before. It i s gone now. But now I have some play in the bottom bushing and the M6 bolt. It is a pain to get everything set up right.