mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Jet 9 RDO derailleur cables

Hi. Almost done building my new jet. Got a great deal on the frame and fork and when it came, the cable guides were not there. Any suggestions in routing the cables through the frame? I'm more concerned with routing through the chain stay. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Millman
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

mtbr member
    May 2012
    With all internal systems I first use a galvanized cable and a magnet. The magnet on the outside of the tube will help guide it through and out. Then you can slide housing over it. Next time you need to recable make sure to always either have cable or housing in the frame. The key is galvanized cables, they are magnetic. Make sure to use stainless when you actually go to finish up.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    You should give Niner a call. They will take care of you.
    -boom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by millman View Post
    Hi. Almost done building my new jet. Got a great deal on the frame and fork and when it came, the cable guides were not there. Any suggestions in routing the cables through the frame? I'm more concerned with routing through the chain stay. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Millman

See their how to videos:
    Niner Bikes - YouTube

For the head tube down to the bottom bracket use a piece of cable housing run from the bottom to the top to guide the cable, then remove once you have the cable installed.

For chain stay, use a length of cable and fish it through from the bottom bracket side to the rear, then slide the cable housing over the cable, remove the cable when done. Now the housing is in place for the rear chainstay.

It's a very similar method as to Air 9 Carbon Cable Installation - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's great. I'm assuming it was 4mm housing he put through the tubes? Also, my frame came with the bb30 PF installed, will I be able to get to the internal cable bracket or will I have to remove it?

Thanks.
    "Boldly they rode & well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell, rode the 600"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by millman View Post
    That's great. I'm assuming it was 4mm housing he put through the tubes? Also, my frame came with the bb30 PF installed, will I be able to get to the internal cable bracket or will I have to remove it?

Thanks.
    4mm housing works. On the Jet 9 RDO there is no need to take the bottom bracket out to cable it, there is no cable access from inside.