mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Jet 9 Decal Paint

Wanted to know if any other new Jet owners have had their decal paint come off when washed? No harsh chemicals were used during the wash so that is not the cause.

The disappointment is that I no longer have the words of encouragement on the frame. Good thing I have a bunch of "Pedal Damn It" stickers.

It is a black ano frame.
    Last edited by bike29er; 06-16-2010 at 09:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've washed my white jet with no problems. What color frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I washed my black only with water and the decals are still there. But IŽd love it to have a clean frame - so how did you do that? Only rubbing?

Carbon & Ti rule
    The logo's don't work anyway

My Jet9 is green & the niner logo's stick out like dog nuts yet every body keeps asking what type of bike is that ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    After I noticed it smearing I just kept rubbing until they disappeared. I have not tried to wash off the large niners because I'm afraid it will take a whole lot of rubbing.

mtbr member

Interesting!

Huh.

I had to return my Warranty frame because the "N" on the down tube Niner was smudged... it made me sad, but I figured, why should I accept a blemished frame when it came straight from the factory.

Niner was cool about it, but I'm still sitting without a frame now.

I thought these things were anodized and not stickers!?!

sengert.

PS. On a side note, anyone know what font Niner uses for the "Pedal Damn It" logo? Or can someone share a picture of their flat sticker? I got access to a laser etcher and I want to put the motivation on my bash guard!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The "Pedal Damn It" was designed using Univers Ultra Condensed.

AOK
    mtbr member
    I used to own a silver ano RIP9. Little bits of the logos would come off when I washed.

Never so dramatic as what you describe, but after a few years of use they were mostly gone except for the large downtube Niner logos.