mtbr member

Jet 9 Carbon BB height concern

Being at 6'1 with a monster 35 inch inseam I could ride a Large or go XL. My concern is the Niner rather high BB height. I don't want to feel perched in the air on the saddle. SC, Pivot etc. have lower BB height giving a little more in the cockpit feel. Just want to get some opinions from some of my long legged Jet 9 riders on their experience???

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 6'2" also with a 35" inseam. I rode a large Jet 9 RDO last year with a 410mm post at the limit. Handling was very good and I never questioned my choice of the large. To me the bb height feels right...turning is very good and no issues with pedal strike (I ran a 100mm fork). I haven't ridden an XL but have spent time on Niner XL hardtails. I think the XLs are nice on fireroads but give up a great deal on the low/mid-speed twisty trails I ride.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I got 7" on you and ride an XL with max seat post extension. Also have an XXL Superfly which has a 3/4" lower BB. Oddly, I feel higher on the Superfly. So, I would not worry about feeling perched on the rdo, just go with whichever size meets your needs and you will quickly adapt.

mtbr member
    Interesting on the SF! That is my previous bike. I look forward to demoing one shortly. Leaning towards the Large but just wanted to get some rider feedback...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yea, and the bikes feel very different. Jet9rdo is much stiffer, more solid and more precise feeling. Both are fun, but if I could only keep one, it would be the Jet9rdo.

mtbr member
    I had a Jet9 RDO XL that I recently traded for a Large (after the Frame cracked). I am 6'3" but have the same inseam as you. The large is definitely more nimble and easier to control. As others have mentioned on this forum, Niner sizes their bikes on the larger side. If i were you, I would defiantly go with a large.