mtbr member
    Jul 2012

JET 9 alloy 80,100,or 120mm fork?

Howdy Guys, I've got a small Jet9 Frame sitting in front of me here at work (on Saturday BOOOOO!) I'm 5'7" weigh 165, ride mostly cross country with some light to medium trails, I'll but strapping on a pair of Stans Flow EX wheels to this frame on a 1x10 drivetrain with BB7 brakes. (Not weight weenie, my priorities on this build were 1-durability, 2-bang for buck, 3-weight).

and I've got a Rockshox Recon Gold TK at home. My Recon is currently set on 100mm travel, is there any reason I should change it to either the 80 or the 120 setting when putting it all together?

Thanks!

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Did you ever mae the change?

Did you ever try 120mm on this bike? I know this post is old, but looking at breathing some life in my old Jet9 and putting a Fox Talus 120mm on it for a change and to increase the aggressiveness on descents. I know that this bike isn't "designed" for that travel, but it is such a burly frame, esp the small frame, I doubt I would have any issues.... Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mjduct View Post
    Howdy Guys, I've got a small Jet9 Frame sitting in front of me here at work (on Saturday BOOOOO!) I'm 5'7" weigh 165, ride mostly cross country with some light to medium trails, I'll but strapping on a pair of Stans Flow EX wheels to this frame on a 1x10 drivetrain with BB7 brakes. (Not weight weenie, my priorities on this build were 1-durability, 2-bang for buck, 3-weight).

and I've got a Rockshox Recon Gold TK at home. My Recon is currently set on 100mm travel, is there any reason I should change it to either the 80 or the 120 setting when putting it all together?

Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 10