JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Horses for Courses

It's a rare occasion that all three of my rigs are shiny clean and running perfectly, thought I would document the abnormality for some Hump Day stoke:

ONE_1
    Large ONE 9

RIP_1
    Large RIP 9

WFO_1
    Medium WFO 9

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice set of rides. How's the WFO treating you? Any lift serviced riding under your belt on that thing?

mtbr member
    all i gotta say is daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by tiflow_21
    Nice set of rides. How's the WFO treating you? Any lift serviced riding under your belt on that thing?
    Spent a week in the park at Whistler on it. Simply amazing. The WFO is by no means intended to be a DH bike so it got a bit overpowered in the gnar but it killed the jump lines like a good slopestyle rig should. Couldn't keep the owner of a certain Bellingham bike company off the thing... can you say 8' high moto whips over the stump gap on A-Line? It was a sight to behold!

Oh, and a note about forks... it is crazy to ride the old reba and new reba back-to-back. The new damper and tapered steerer put the updated version in a different league. I can't wait for my 140mm!

JMH

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Spent a week in the park at Whistler on it. Simply amazing. The WFO is by no means intended to be a DH bike so it got a bit overpowered in the gnar but it killed the jump lines like a good slopestyle rig should. Couldn't keep the owner of a certain Bellingham bike company off the thing... can you say 8' high moto whips over the stump gap on A-Line? It was a sight to behold!

Oh, and a note about forks... it is crazy to ride the old reba and new reba back-to-back. The new damper and tapered steerer put the updated version in a different league. I can't wait for my 140mm!

JMH
    Nice! I was thinking whistler lift serviced specifically since I've been there a couple times and understand what a bike gets put through. I'd be really curious what those machine built jump trails would feel like (dirt merchant/a-line/ciu) as I've always ended up on rental 26" DH machines there. Which trails gave you trouble?

Get to take it on any of the gnarly valley trails in while you were there? Would be really curious how it handled some of the steeps on cheap thrills and the like. One of the steep faces on cheap thrills made me wonder how anyone could ride it, any wheel size. The year before I rode kill me thrill me and thought that had a steep face, cheap thrills took it to another level.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by tiflow_21
    Nice! I was thinking whistler lift serviced specifically since I've been there a couple times and understand what a bike gets put through. I'd be really curious what those machine built jump trails would feel like (dirt merchant/a-line/ciu) as I've always ended up on rental 26" DH machines there. Which trails gave you trouble?

Get to take it on any of the gnarly valley trails in while you were there? Would be really curious how it handled some of the steeps on cheap thrills and the like. One of the steep faces on cheap thrills made me wonder how anyone could ride it, any wheel size. The year before I rode kill me thrill me and thought that had a steep face, cheap thrills took it to another level.
    The lower mountain rooty steeps (in the mud) like lower JoyRide were a bit sketchy with a 68 degree head angle, but it wasn't bad. It felt similar to riding that sort of terrain on a slopestyle bike. I wouldn't have changed anything on the jump trails, the bike was poppy and stable, you could move it around with a bit more effort than it would take with smaller wheels.

I didn't ride any of the valley trails you mentioned, I did take my RIP on Trainwreck and Runaway Train, there were a few rollers but nothing too pucker-inducing. Check LeeLs Northshore thread on the DH forum for more insight about that kind of stuff?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Oh, and the 120mm Reba on my RIP will be in the classifieds as soon as the 140mm is on the way to me, if anyone is looking.