mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Headset for Air 9 (Possibly the cobalt sl or cane creek 110)

Hi all,
    Im in the slow process of building up my air 9 frame. I just recieved my fork (fox f29 100mm qr 15) and I am now looking to get my headset. My rip9 came with the supplied FSA headset so this is my first expierience buying one. I am looking at the cobalt sl, and the cane creek 110. My first choice is the cobalt because its cheaper and lighter, but I have not heard to much about them. Does anyone have any feedback or comments about either one.
    Thanks Ben

PSYCHOLUST
    My feed back is actually NO feedback.....Put a COBALT on my ONE9 in July and have been hammering happily with no issues.

DG5
    mtbr member
    +1 on the Cobalt SL. I ran one on my old Voodoo for over a year with no problems whatsoever. Very light and seemed to hold up great for me.Never used the CC110,but it looks like a quality product.
    I love my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'm in the same boat, also building up an Air 9 and those are the same 2 headsets on my list. I happened to talk to the Hope Rep and he said that they are now making headsets as well - based off the Cane Creek design which the patents have expired on, which adds another to my decision.

I'll be paying attention to this thread...

D
    Somewhere lost in the Bush!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the response guys, I think I will go with the cobalt. Its cheeaper and lighter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 06whitetaco
    Thanks for the response guys, I think I will go with the cobalt. Its cheeaper and lighter.
    Be aware, I didn't like mine because the stack height is so low it quickens your steering, it felt like half a degree or so. Also, the cheapest one rusts, get the stainless.
    Last edited by Gilarider; 10-27-2010 at 10:32 AM.

PSYCHOLUST
    Remember as well, the GUARENTEE on the 110 means that long after you are DEAD and your grandson is hammering away in the last forest left in the world, that the head set will still be under warranty