mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Got my RIP 9 today!!

Picked her up tonight Gonna be a long night, hoping to have it rolling for the weekend. Thanks to all that helped make the decision. A little sad tearing apart my Fuel but I'm sure I'll get over it

fux
    Scooterist
    Hmm... Me too and it looks like we have a similar taste in parts too.

Can`t wait to get home from work tonight.

Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeah some of your parts look familiar.....I'll trade ya brakes though

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Vury, vury naaz!

Underskilled
    Am liking the kashima coat
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Got her built and took a little spin around town last night. Not too bad so far everything seems to work fine except my front brake seems a little weak. Gonna try and get some dirt on it after work today And maybe take it to a race tomorrow

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazn_84
    Got her built and took a little spin around town last night. Not too bad so far everything seems to work fine except my front brake seems a little weak. Gonna try and get some dirt on it after work today And maybe take it to a race tomorrow
    Very nice bike!!! I'll see you at the race tomorrow. It's going to be a hot one, so start drinking and hydrating today. Get a little dirt tonight and make sure you shifting and brakes are working for race day.

BB

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks Bruce! Not sure how good I'm gonna feel tomorrow, been cutting and laying patio blocks for the last 3 days and this morning I wasn't feeling too hot. Back is stiff and legs are sore. I'm still planning on going and at least checking out my new ride.

As for the bike it looks good but man is she heavy, 30.5 lbs according to my scale!!! Hopefully I'll have some time to get it out in the dirt tonight and see how it feels off road.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Well it's first real trip out was a success. Here's a picture of it dirty after an 18 mile race today. Didn't see you there Bruce but I think I may have seen your Element it the parking lot??? Did you do the expert race?

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazn_84
    Well it's first real trip out was a success. Here's a picture of it dirty after an 18 mile race today. Didn't see you there Bruce but I think I may have seen your Element it the parking lot??? Did you do the expert race?
    I parked it up at the top of the hill in the shade so I could get eaten by mosquitoes while I got suited up.

I was there on my JET and I looked all around for a RIP between races, but never saw one. I spent far too much time chatting with the blonde lady at the AdvoCare booth who was trying to convince me of their hydration and recovery products at $57 a pop. She, not the products, may have detracted me from finding you....

Glad the bike worked out for you. Fun course, that's for sure.

BB

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Well I must have missed the advocare lady, I saw her car though. Damn! Yeah it's a pretty fun course, but I like one of the other local courses where we rode today. It's more technical and hilly. It's nice to have a couple nice places to ride though!