mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Fork choice for air 9 RDO

Just picked up an air 9 RDO on closeout. I am looking for advise for a new fork. 190 lb rider race weight. Plan on doing mostly endurance racing.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm going to assume you will stay within Niner's recommendations, so 80mm or 100mm. Definitally 100mm. That said, I'd stay either a new fox CTD or Rockshox SID XX world cup. Having owned both, well, I'm not sure. The CTD fox is just as light and easy to service. The RS lock out is second to none. When I owned one I couldn't believe how much I used it, since it's so easy to use, I used it all the time, even on my local trails, on climbs I'd never use a lock on. It's either or, they both work great, feel a little different but can't go wrong either way. If those are out of your price range then it's a different story. But top of the line, one or the other (pick on looks ) you'll be happy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm

Never mind, incorrect post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've had a RS SID WC on my RDO this past year. It was fine. I think I'm going to put a Fox Terralogic on it for next year. Should be a touch stiffer and a bit lower height.

Both are great forks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Anyone out there tried the new 2013 RS Sid RCT3? I'm guessing it would be similar to the Fox CTD setup, although a bit lighter ... it's even a bit lighter than the RS Sid XX.