PSYCHOLUST

EBB: Do you run your BB HIGH or LOW?

Hey Guys ,
    I've been riding my ONE9 for about a month now... loving it.
    When I originally built it, I started with the EBB in the rearward possition and rotated it DOWN to get proper tension .
    I do find myself striking pedals more than I used to so I just finished rotating it UP and adjusting the seatpost accordingly.

I am just curious what most are doing.

mtbr member
    I run mine high on my Sir9.....better ground clearance and the chain is further from the chain stay..........
    biking makes it better

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Low, bikes (or anything with wheels) handle better when your center of gravity is lower. I think Niner intends it that way, that's why the print is oriented to be read with the bb low.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have one of the older SIR9s. Even with a 100mm Fox fork on it (it was designed for an 80mm fork), I run the EBB in the upper position. The lower position is too low - too many pedal strikes when climbing technical rocky terrain. In theory this places my center of gravity higher, which should be detrimental to handling. In reality the bike handles like a dream. It's so good that I would use it as my reference point if I were building a custom bike. Actually, I'd probably copy it exactly except I would go with Black Cat sliders instead of an EBB.

PSYCHOLUST
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel
    Low, bikes (or anything with wheels) handle better when your center of gravity is lower. I think Niner intends it that way, that's why the print is oriented to be read with the bb low.
    Understood.
    The area where I typically ride and race is chock full of tight , twisty singletrack and short steep climbs. I went with the lower position for handling sake.

Right after I posted last night, I measured the distance from the BB(center) to the ground, now that the BB is in the HIGH position and was surprised to find that now it is exactly the same height as my 26" SS's BB. My 26'r is a Rocky Mountain Vertex TSC ( a frame intended for racing) running an 80mm fork,

very interesting

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I run mine as low and rearward as possible. The short chainstays in this position are incredible, and the slightly lower bb height hasn't been a pedal strike issue for me.