Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Hello
    What damper lenght does Jet Rdo uses and what is the next step in damper lenght?
    Perhaps longer damper fits the jet rdo making it ~120mm in the rear. Warranty be damned. The front is approved for 120mm anyway, so why not the rear?

I guess the carbon Trance X will be sooner on the market.

ps. Give me some negative reputation please I want to beat record with the most red chickets. Write positive things but give me neg. rep.

Simply changing to a longer length shock introduces tire interference issues on compression, it probably is not as simple as adding a longer shock. It also sounds like a very expensive experiment if it does not work as you expect it to. My two cents.

mtbr member
    Well, yes, yet there are frames, which can accept longer shock right away. Perhaps there is someone, who have accept to next length shock to check it out. I am interested how much travel would there be.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Heres my guess...

And its based on their current line and the current market. They dont really have anything to compete in the enduro/superd market in the market's eyes. As market dictates, that magic 5-6" travel bike that weights 27-29lbs, will climb, and will rally downhill. Personal opinions aside of course... I raced 9 superds this season and a 4 stage enduro so far, and the only 29ers that show up regularly are SC LTc, Transition bandits 5", and my lone wfo.

Given the following:
    - jet 3 inches
    - jet 9 carbon 3 inches
    - jet 9 rdo carbon 4 (3.93) inches
    - rip 9 4.5
    - wfo 5.5 inches

The next will be.... according to me, be a 5" rip 9 rdo. But it will have a slacker HTA and shorter chainstays than the Al version and will have slightly different geo. My thoughts on this are that they would then have their 5"+ raceable enduro/am bike that is all the rage these days. They currently don't have an entry in that market save for the wfo, and it takes some serious money to put a wfo at <29lbs and still be solid.

They will start to take some serious heat form the deluge of 27.5 5-6" travel enduro/am bikes hitting the market if they don't get in quick to give a "hey guys, heres a 5" 29 am rig that weighs in at 28lbs, has short chainstays so its not a dead fish, and a slackened head tube angle so it will actually rail downhill, oh and it actually will out climb those 27.5 bikes".

They wont do a carbon WFO any day soon, there are people putting DH forks on those frames, and well carbon frames at that level aren't their game with all due respect.

There you have it, straight from nobody.

rodeo

Carbon & Ti rule
    I'm hoping your not to far off the mark

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoj View Post
    Heres my guess...

And its based on their current line and the current market. They dont really have anything to compete in the enduro/superd market in the market's eyes. As market dictates, that magic 5-6" travel bike that weights 27-29lbs, will climb, and will rally downhill. Personal opinions aside of course... I raced 9 superds this season and a 4 stage enduro so far, and the only 29ers that show up regularly are SC LTc, Transition bandits 5", and my lone wfo.

Given the following:
    - jet 3 inches
    - jet 9 carbon 3 inches
    - jet 9 rdo carbon 4 (3.93) inches
    - rip 9 4.5
    - wfo 5.5 inches

The next will be.... according to me, be a 5" rip 9 rdo. But it will have a slacker HTA and shorter chainstays than the Al version and will have slightly different geo. My thoughts on this are that they would then have their 5"+ raceable enduro/am bike that is all the rage these days. They currently don't have an entry in that market save for the wfo, and it takes some serious money to put a wfo at <29lbs and still be solid.

They will start to take some serious heat form the deluge of 27.5 5-6" travel enduro/am bikes hitting the market if they don't get in quick to give a "hey guys, heres a 5" 29 am rig that weighs in at 28lbs, has short chainstays so its not a dead fish, and a slackened head tube angle so it will actually rail downhill, oh and it actually will out climb those 27.5 bikes".

They wont do a carbon WFO any day soon, there are people putting DH forks on those frames, and well carbon frames at that level aren't their game with all due respect.

There you have it, straight from nobody.

rodeo

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Pls be right. I don't want to buy an LTc but if they don't release what you just described then I think I will be trying the LTc and I am a die hard Niner guy. After you put that out there I gotta think they may not be doing it because there is just too much overlap in their lineup for that bike

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Agreed,

There is a lot of overlap in their line if you ask me, but my .02 don't count.

5", slackened hta, and short chain stay combo is the last segment they don't have plugged. The market has veered away a bit from where the current Rip and Wfo were targeted given the 27.5 aggressive marketing going on...

I'm not in the industry, but if I were, and I were at Niner, targeting a slack, 5" travel, short chain-stayed, carbon rip 9 would high on the list of where my R&D dollars were going to compete in the 3.7-6k range.

It will be interesting nonetheless to see what route they decide to take against the 27.5 enduro market, judo it, or karate it.

rodeo

quick edit: Niner if you go this route, keep the rear triangle AL please, thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4