mtbr member
    May 2008

Chain keeper for RIP9

What is the good and light chain keeper for RIP9. I'm running BBG bashguard on 32T ring.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Would a Straitline fit? It's kind-of light.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I think I'll go with this http://www.gvtc.com/~ngear/index.html

Space Ghost
    If you want to fore-go the bashguard, I like the MRP 1.x, it is 50 grams and works perfectly with my 1x9 set-up. Another light one would be Paul's. I have a Jump stop and it is a good inexpensive alternative, but in really gnarly conditions is not as reliable as the MRP. Good luck.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I second the MRP 1.x. If you do buy the MRP do yourself a favor and replace the bolt with a better stainless hex bolt from your local box store. The bolt they supply is worthless. I have also used the JumpStop with a bash and it worked great as well.

Upgrade your chainring to a single speed ring that is not ramped. This will really help keep your chain from popping off.

Space Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by bike29er
    I second the MRP 1.x. If you do buy the MRP do yourself a favor and replace the bolt with a better stainless hex bolt from your local box store. The bolt they supply is worthless. I have also used the JumpStop with a bash and it worked great as well.

Upgrade your chainring to a single speed ring that is not ramped. This will really help keep your chain from popping off.
    Too funny. My buddy and I stripped the uber light al. screw provided. I had to drill out the old and put in new stainless...no more worries. Also running an unramped Salsa chainring.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"