mtbr member

biggest tires for my 1 nine niner

I just put some Kenda Karmas on the one nine and they seem very narrow. At the chain stay they are close, but at the seat stay there is alot of room. What is the largest, most volumn tire you can put on the one niner. I want a large volumn tire with good rolling attributes. As I will be putting time on the pavement as well. Any suggestions.

Hey Fo......what are the tires you are using again. They look pretty big?

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    The One9 will take any tire currently on the market. I run an Exi mounted to a Ryno-Light on the back of my One9 all the time which is about the widest setup available. Of course I am missing some paint on the inside of my stays but with the mud I ride in CX tires would have done the same thing. If you want a fast roller and are riding a lot of pavement the Nano would be my suggestion.

mtbr member

One thing

I take issue with "any tire." I couldn't get a Bonty ACX tire to fit with any more than business card width clearance between the tire and chainstay. I think the casing is not as large as other tires, but the side knobs on the ACX are taller. I currently am running a Kenda Klaw and I am fine.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    I am extremely happy with the Exiwolf 2.3 front / Nanoraptor 2.1 rear. A fantastic setup for me anyway. I initially ran the Exiwolf 2.3 front and rear and while it was awesome for sure, I prefer the lower weight of the Nano and dont often miss the Exi on the back.

Run that combo on my 2 29ers.

Reviewer/Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I am extremely happy with the Exiwolf 2.3 front / Nanoraptor 2.1 rear. A fantastic setup for me anyway. I initially ran the Exiwolf 2.3 front and rear and while it was awesome for sure, I prefer the lower weight of the Nano and dont often miss the Exi on the back.

Run that combo on my 2 29ers.

I run Exi / Exi front and rear. 30 psi and they are terrific. The Exi's have very strong sidewalls, something which the Nano's don't have.

R.
    It is inevitable ...

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Interesting, I have put an ACX mounted on a Mustang rim in my One 9 (off my wife’s Bike) and had tons of tire clearance. I have also owned 2 One9 frames and each had a little different chainstay spacing and manipulation. I’m not sure of the consistency of these frames. I had 2 larges side by side and the top tubes of the two frames where nearly ¼” different. These 2 frames where clearly from different production runs.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman
    I run Exi / Exi front and rear. 30 psi and they are terrific. The Exi's have very strong sidewalls, something which the Nano's don't have.

R.
    good point about the sidewalls.....however, not all of us are "real" men like you Rainman. Given my riding style, I could probably ride on the tubes alone; just need to figure out how to keep them on the rim.

Reviewer/Tester

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    good point about the sidewalls.....however, not all of us are "real" men like you Rainman. Given my riding style, I could probably ride on the tubes alone; just need to figure out how to keep them on the rim.

Superglue?

R.
    It is inevitable ...