Thread: Big Foot Lives!

trail "cleaner"

Big Foot Lives!

After 1.5 years of use... I decided to upgrade my R.I.P. I give you the now named 'Lady Big Foot'. She's sportin' the new Reba 140mm RLT, a new wheelset Ck bolt on rear/ Hope Pro II front with Velocity P-35 rims with DT Swiss Supercomps. I converted them to tubeless with gorilla tape and Stan's valve stems. Lastly, to keep the front end height tolerable, I went with a flat Salsa Pro moto bar and a Syntace stem. Thanks Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Foot Lives!-big-foot.jpg  

Big Foot Lives!-big-foot-head-.jpg  

Big Foot Lives!-big-foot-rear.jpg  

No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's a really sweet bike & I love the raw finish on the Rip. Isn't it great to just upgrade a bike you already love instead of starting all over again from scratch. What kind of skid plate do you have installed on the bottom of the frame?

mtbr member
    The raw finish is nice, but everyone knows the Tangs are both lighter and faster.

trail "cleaner"

Home made skid/bash guard

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilye
    That's a really sweet bike & I love the raw finish on the Rip. Isn't it great to just upgrade a bike you already love instead of starting all over again from scratch. What kind of skid plate do you have installed on the bottom of the frame?
    I guess you can call me the inspiration for Cytoe. I've been running these lower link skidplates/bashguard ever since I bought this frame back in April of '09. It is made of 1/8" poly plastic and takes the bite out of all of those collisions with the big rocky ledges we encounter on the technical trails of South Mountain/Sedona/ etc.... BTW, the new Reba 140mm is just an awesome fit for this bike. Running the flat Salsa Pro Moto bar keeps the front end just as low as when I had the Team Reba 120mm fork on it.
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    becareful and make sure you torque down that bolt on rear you got there, mine got loose after a couple of rides, mechanic error, i didnt tighten enough...

trail "cleaner"

CK Veteran...

Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    becareful and make sure you torque down that bolt on rear you got there, mine got loose after a couple of rides, mechanic error, i didnt tighten enough...
    This is my 4th CK fun bolt hub. The good thing is that King uses a big 'ol 8mm allen head vs. a 6mm for Hope and you can torque these babies down tight.
    No dabs allowed!