Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896

    Anyone put Narrow Q XX1 on Jet9 RDO?

    I read on Jet9 RDO Tech Info page : SRAM XX1 recommended max chainring : 32T . 168mm Q-Factor.

    But I also read in another thread that a narrow XX1 was put on an Air9 RDO even though the same thing was stated for that bike.

    Has anyone actually put a narrow XX1 on Jet9 RDO without any problem?

    Thank you.
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bailey44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    721
    I have a 156 Q with no issues.

    Read this link.

    XX1 Q factor

  3. #3
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Thanks so much for confirming! I even called Niner and was told to use the wide Q-Factor, but I understand that they want to be on the safe side. So it's good to hear about the real world application.

    I'm 5'4" and slim, so I'd think the narrower Q-factor will only make sense. I only wish SRAM XX1 came with 165mm crankarm length, but they don't.
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: danvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    137
    I also have 156 Q. I've had it for months now with no problem.

  5. #5
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Excellent. Thank you!
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

  6. #6
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,155
    I have fit the XX1 156Q cranks to 3 different Jet9 RDO's

  7. #7
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I have fit the XX1 156Q cranks to 3 different Jet9 RDO's
    Oh wow, I will not hesitate then. I hope I'm not mistaken -- did I read that your wife likes her small Jet9 RDO? Are you by any chance in the SF Bay Area? .... Oh, just read on your profile that you might be a little out of the way. Wish I could find a small or XS Jet9 RDO to test ride.
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

  8. #8
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,155
    Yes I'm in the North Island of New Zealand.

    Yes my wife has a Small Jet9 RDO & Air9 RDO.


    Quote Originally Posted by mudworm View Post
    Oh wow, I will not hesitate then. I hope I'm not mistaken -- did I read that your wife likes her small Jet9 RDO? Are you by any chance in the SF Bay Area? .... Oh, just read on your profile that you might be a little out of the way. Wish I could find a small or XS Jet9 RDO to test ride.

  9. #9
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Yes I'm in the North Island of New Zealand.

    Yes my wife has a Small Jet9 RDO & Air9 RDO.
    Cool... and cool!

    Sorry to thread jack (OP: that's okay), but I'm curious... how does your wife like her Jet9 and Air9 in comparison? Which one is the go to bike? Do you live in a chunk area (never been to NZ)? I want to build up an efficient bike for long and steep rides. Air9 did come across my mind, although I'm leaning towards Jet9 simply because reviews have been overwhelming and Jet9 geometry for the same Small size appears to be more compact in terms of TT and Standover. I've never ridden a 29er nor a hardtail though.
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

  10. #10
    Carbon & Ti rule
    Reputation: muzzanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,155
    The Jet9 RDO is here go to bike, No question about that.

    The thing about the Jet9 RDO is it just doesn't matter were you take it, It is the right bike to be on.

    We built the Air9 RDO more to have another bike, for when friends from out of town come to stay & we often do family rides with friends around the vast board walk network around our town.

    My wife loves riding her bikes but she is not the bravest of people, So the Jet9 RDO really helps her be braver than what the Air9 does.

    The Air9 RDO is a nice bike, But the Jet9 RDO is just that much nicer for what we do.

    Quote Originally Posted by mudworm View Post
    Cool... and cool!

    Sorry to thread jack (OP: that's okay), but I'm curious... how does your wife like her Jet9 and Air9 in comparison? Which one is the go to bike? Do you live in a chunk area (never been to NZ)? I want to build up an efficient bike for long and steep rides. Air9 did come across my mind, although I'm leaning towards Jet9 simply because reviews have been overwhelming and Jet9 geometry for the same Small size appears to be more compact in terms of TT and Standover. I've never ridden a 29er nor a hardtail though.

  11. #11
    I'm a "she".
    Reputation: mudworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Good to know. Thanks for the input!
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ Inch by inch, I will get there...
    reports | rides | photos
    (❁◡`❁) Zenning...

Similar Threads

  1. help me narrow down a bike
    By tripptallica in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:17 AM
  3. Narrow bars
    By oromis in forum Commuting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
  4. Help me Narrow down my Next Ride...
    By Ace5high in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 07:41 PM
  5. Looking for a really narrow saddle
    By kauffee in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •