mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Anyone know the availability of the MCR in the "new" color moondust grey?

Hi folks,
    anyone know when the MCR will be available from Niner in the "new" color moondust-grey?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848
    Hi folks,
    anyone know when the MCR will be available from Niner in the "new" color moondust-grey?
    Thanks!
    isn't it available now?

I ordered and received my A&W rootbeer a few weeks ago...

and got apparently the last, large frame in that color from speedgoat.

So if there none of those left, I would assume the new colors are available, otherwise is there a period of time (i.e. now) that you can't buy an MCR in ANY color?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gretababy
    isn't it available now?
    I remember seeing Niner posted on FB a day or two after announcing the Sir colors that they just got a shipment - so I suspect same deal with the MCRs

Just call Speedgoat - they would know if they don't already have some

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, called them, but they don't have any, and don't know yet when they will arrive...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Niner is getting a shipment of the Air 9 scandium frames in the old colors and once they go, the new Air 9 colors will be next to arrive. So not yet on the Air 9 anyway.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, good to know about Air9...so I assume this will be the same for the MCR...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm looking to have a moondust grey MCR built myself and have been told by my LBS that they should be available early to mid-October. At least that is the last I heard on thursday when the shop owner called with some questions about the build for it.
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by omega1848
    Thanks, good to know about Air9...so I assume this will be the same for the MCR...
    Yeah, I know it is not exactly related to your MCR question, but the new colors are already on Niner's website for the Air 9 so it may or may not be the same . . . I was hoping for a white Air 9 myself, but not yet I guess.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    Yeah, I know it is not exactly related to your MCR question, but the new colors are already on Niner's website for the Air 9 so it may or may not be the same . . . I was hoping for a white Air 9 myself, but not yet I guess.
    It looks like they have the new and old colors up at the same time.. since for some models, like the Air, there is prolly still inventory to clear out...

From posts on here it does not sound like many MCRs in the old colors are left

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ftw
    It looks like they have the new and old colors up at the same time.. since for some models, like the Air, there is prolly still inventory to clear out...

From posts on here it does not sound like many MCRs in the old colors are left
    according to Speedgoat I got the last large rootbeer MCR frame they had a few weeks ago.

And they had sold the last large gold frame as well....not sure about other sizes.

I too was told mid-October...and I'm glad i got the rootbeer, the grey is fine but a little boring (no offense! color/beauty is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of people think rootbeer is ugly)

So it now looks like you might not be able to get an MCR in any color for about a month....

I'm sure Niner is frustrated about not being able to sell you a bike, they just timed it wrong, you shouldn't sell all your large frames, and have a month or so where you literally have no product to sell....

Riding season in some areas is getting short, and this could force customers to look at other brands, i.e. Vassago, Salsa, etc. that are available now.

Leg Shaver
    As a general rule: If you saw it at Intrbike, expect it by Sea Otter!
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

errr...
    If you look under frames, @Speedgoat, the new Sir9 colors show as available (2011). Just an FYI.