Don't Stop Spinnin'!

Anyone have pics of the new Moondust Air9 Carbon color?

Ordered the Air9 carbon in the new moondust color. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one who might be able to provide pics? I know the site has pics, but wanted to see a real pic.

Thanks
    ~every end is a new beginning...

Twin Six METAL Team
    I haven't seen one yet, but your post just made me realize it's available in Moondust now, and I look forward to see your pics! Congrats on your new steed!

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgardner73 View Post
    I haven't seen one yet, but your post just made me realize it's available in Moondust now, and I look forward to see your pics! Congrats on your new steed!
    Thanks, I'll make sure to post pics once it arrives.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I haven't seen one built but I've seen a frame and to be quite honest I thought it looked amazing. I didn't have high expectations as I thought it might be a bit dull but the contrast between the paint and the clear coated carbon sections looks awesome.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by WayDownSouth View Post
    I haven't seen one built but I've seen a frame and to be quite honest I thought it looked amazing. I didn't have high expectations as I thought it might be a bit dull but the contrast between the paint and the clear coated carbon sections looks awesome.
    That was my worry. The contrast is barely noticible in the pics provided in the niner site.
    But your comment puts me at ease. I'll post pics when it arrives.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Does this mean they are now available? Last I check the website said coming soon. I plan to order an A9C frame in a few weeks. Was set on the Black Licorice since it's already available...... but this could change things.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by msugma View Post
    Does this mean they are now available? Last I check the website said coming soon. I plan to order an A9C frame in a few weeks. Was set on the Black Licorice since it's already available...... but this could change things.
    Yes, ordered with my LbS who called their rep and they said the first batch of moondust Air9 carbons are available. I was told it should arrive within 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ReD_tomato; 12-07-2012 at 10:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i ordered the moon dust as well from my local bike last week of November. The frame is not in yet but i am very anxious to see it. On you tube, if you put in niner air 9 carbon there appears to be a video from the euro bike that looks like it may be the moon dust but not 100 % sure. check it out.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbenny1 View Post
    i ordered the moon dust as well from my local bike last week of November. The frame is not in yet but i am very anxious to see it. On you tube, if you put in niner air 9 carbon there appears to be a video from the euro bike that looks like it may be the moon dust but not 100 % sure. check it out.

Yes! Good find. Looks awesome.
    Niner AIR 9 Carbon Mod. 2013 - Dirty Stuff - YouTube

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    If what I have seen from Niner holds true, the moondust finish will look better in person than online. I thought the tang rdo especially looks much better when you see it in person. Or was it because it was such a nice ride at the demo?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by msugma View Post

Went to my LBS to order a Black Licorice earlier this week. Was told they are out of stock (in Large) and won't be re-stocking! So..... I went with Moondust. Should have it by by January. If anyone gets theirs before me, PLEASE post pictures!

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Just got the call from the LBS. Moondust A9C has arrived. I'll have pics by Monday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Starting building mine yesterday!

Not the best pic, but here you go!

I think it looks really sweet. Not quite as flashy as the white or orange, but still really sharp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of the new Moondust Air9 Carbon color?-photo2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I think it really looks good. I am still waiting for my phone call from LBS. They have been closed over holidays. Thanks for posting the pic.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I have a Jet 9 Carbon in all moon dust. Understated? Maybe, but I am pretty even-keel in life, so I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of the new Moondust Air9 Carbon color?-niner.jpg  

What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Yes it does! I built mine as a SS on Jan 1st. Love the color.
    After owning 4 Niners I have to say this is by far the best handling bike.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    sorry for the crappy iphone pics... here she is... 19lbs

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice! after I posted yesterday that I was still waiting. Santa (LBS) called and they have it. So left work early and picked up. Hopefully I can start getting it together this weekend. 19lbs is just crazy light. Mine is gonna be a geared bike. I love my Niner One 9 too much to change it over to geared but the good thing is I can change either or at any time.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbenny1 View Post
    Nice! after I posted yesterday that I was still waiting. Santa (LBS) called and they have it. So left work early and picked up. Hopefully I can start getting it together this weekend. 19lbs is just crazy light. Mine is gonna be a geared bike. I love my Niner One 9 too much to change it over to geared but the good thing is I can change either or at any time.
    Awesome! Post pics when complete!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Finally all together.

Finished up last night. Here is my Air 9 carbon Moondust!! Could not ride it today due to family responsibilities, but rode in the driveway and up and down the street. It feels awesome, light and fast and its begging for some technical single track. It weighs 24.7 lbs. Lot of room later to make it lighter though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of the new Moondust Air9 Carbon color?-p1120543.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Sexy!

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    Damn... Very Nice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Maiden voyage

Here's mine on its maiden voyage. Was lucky enough for the snow to melt and trails to re-freeze in January!

Still need to shorten the brake lines a bit and cut a little more off the steerer tube but I'm very happy with how the build turned out!:

New stuff:
    A9C Large Frame
    RDO Fork
    RDO Bars
    RDO Stem
    RDO Post

Stuff from my transfered from my previous build:
    ZTR 355 rims/ZTR Hubs
    Racing Ralphs 29x2.25
    XT Brakes
    XTR crank (34t salsa chainring)
    King stainless 17t cog
    Egg Beaters
    Silverado saddle

18.8 lbs on my scale of questionable accuracy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of the new Moondust Air9 Carbon color?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Moondust looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see one in person.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    good job there msugma. The bike looks great!