mtbr member

Any recent Rip9 RDO news?

The chatter has gone kind of dead since the initial news release.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    The chatter has gone kind of dead since the initial news release.
    I have not heard but i'm hoping the March date had not been pushed out.

I have all my bits here waiting for it,

March is getting close to the end of our summer & would love to get some good ridding in on it be for we loose the good weather.

mtbr member
    I wonder if it will take the new Fox 34 150mm fork. The Niner web site says 140, but the 150 had not been released until recently. A Talas 150 - 120 sounds fun.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I wonder if it will take the new Fox 34 150mm fork. The Niner web site says 140, but the 150 had not been released until recently. A Talas 150 - 120 sounds fun.
    Yes that does sound like it would be fun.

I have most of the parts here ready to go on mine, But will make a final call on what for to try it with 1st when I get the frame.

Mine will be running the New I9 wheels with Reynolds carbon rims.

XX1 gear set with 30 tooth front ring.

Niner RDO bar & stem (80mm ) if I can get blue at the time of build.

I have the choice of XX brakes or some of the Shimano Trail brakes I have sitting in a box.

Tyres will be 2.35 Nobby Nic rear & 2.35 Hans Dumpf front.

Reverb dropper post with LH remote.

Ergon grips

The Blue WTB seat with Ti rails that everybody picks on me for having on bikes it just doesn't suit. ( finaly the right colour )

180mm brake rotors front & rear ( Avid/sram with blue centres )

Xpeedo Ti pedals.

All bolts will be Ti.

I'm picking the build will be mid 26 Ib.

I'm really looking forward to this bike I have had it on my want list for about 2 & 1/2 years.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Muzzanic,
    Sounds like a killer build. Love my XT brakes over the XO. Have you run the Ardent 2.4? Just curious how the Hans compares to it, if you have used both. Running the Ardent 2.4 f/r, and love it. Rear has good traction for the loose climbs. And why 180 rotor in back? I'm using 203 front 160 rear and it feels very good and balanced. Could save some weight with the smaller rotor, not that you seem like weight is a big concern to you. I have a '10 RIP now and will probably get a carbon one for my next f/s bike. So I will be waiting for your review. Liking the 1x11 also. Running BBG bashwich 10sp with 30T in front.
    Rone

Carbon & Ti rule
    I have got a 2.4 Ardent & IMO the Hans Dumpf has more grip & rolls faster as well.

I ride hard & find the 180 on the rear to give me alot more precise control over the back wheel when braking deap into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rone Turner View Post
    Muzzanic,
    Sounds like a killer build. Love my XT brakes over the XO. Have you run the Ardent 2.4? Just curious how the Hans compares to it, if you have used both. Running the Ardent 2.4 f/r, and love it. Rear has good traction for the loose climbs. And why 180 rotor in back? I'm using 203 front 160 rear and it feels very good and balanced. Could save some weight with the smaller rotor, not that you seem like weight is a big concern to you. I have a '10 RIP now and will probably get a carbon one for my next f/s bike. So I will be waiting for your review. Liking the 1x11 also. Running BBG bashwich 10sp with 30T in front.
    Rone

mtbr member
    Ordered my purple CK components, now they have to get their XX1 drive shell out for us and then my build can begin. I think XX1 will be the perfect drivetrain for this bike.