Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Alloy Jet 9 with Reverb Stealth?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Niner Bikes 
#1 ·
So.... I'm going to get a reverb, yes I realize it's an xc bike but I love a drop post, have had on e on virtually every bike I've owned. Since the Jet 9 doesn't have cable guides anyway, I figure I may be able to devise a way to get the stealth model in there... Anybody done this? Thoughts on hole placement?

TIA

#2 ·
Thank you for your support of Niner Bikes. Many of us here are big fans of dropper seat posts as well and have installed them on most of the models. However we do NOT recommend placing any holes in the frame or modifying it in anyway. The frames are designed with a clear intent and purpose and adding a hole to the frame is not something that is was designed for. I have seen many of dropper seat posts both in the office and out on the trails routed on the under side of the top tube and either zip tied or taped to the tube. I have also seen a few people that will piggy back the housing onto the brake line and then run the last section up the seat tube. Check out the link attached. This is on the Niner Facebook page of a rider with dropper on his Jet 9 Alloy. Hope that this helps and if you have any other question give us a call at 877-ninerxc or shoot us an email to service@ninerbikes.com, as we love to talk with our riders!

Thanks,
Brad

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=563228337039593&set=p.563228337039593&type=1&theater

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.