mtbr member

With all the this versus that threads...

I just wanted to pop over here and say....damn Niners are sexy bikes. I especially like the Niner Green Jet 9.

That is all

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Well you won't create any controversy or get any argument by coming here and saying that

The Jet 9 RDO is growing on me, it was not love at first sight. I don't need one as I have perfectly good vanilla white Jet 9, but yeah I want one now.

I like some of the more classic Niner bikes like the scandium Air 9 with its round tubes that doesn't look like another Giant clone. I also have two classic SIR9's one set up for dirt and one set up for pavement commuting. I am loving the simplicity of the plain steel frame, rigid fork and single speed drivetrain.

Who else likes their Niner bikes and why?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Looking good is a bonus but its always about the ride. The Jet 9 RDO delivers and that's why it deserves all the accolades. It's one of the best bike I have ridden and I haven't been a 29r advocate but this may be my next ride. My wife should be on the trail with her new j9 rdo this weekend. Bonus, it is a nice looking bike.