mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Air 9 sizing help!!!!

I am looking at getting an air 9 but am 5'11'' and don't know if I should get a medium or large frame? I have a FS felt 19.5 which is a large frame seems a little tall for me but I do have longer legs though. The Niner site says M or L will work for my height though im all confused.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I maybe a half an inch taller then you. I went with the large air 9 using a 90mm, 0 degree rise stem with a riser bar. I also went with the shorter 367mm seat post because it is no where near the extension limit.

In my opinion the longer top tube shorter stem combination handles better then the shorter top tube longer stem setup.

2 cents worth...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I agree with darnold. I am 5'-11 1/2" and I went with the large with a 90mm stem. I normally prefer a bike with an ETT of around 24". I rode a medium and large at a demo day and was suprised at how comfortably the large fit. The handling is excellent as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Like all these types of questions, it's hard for people to know without more body measurements. I'm 6'3" and on a L and it fits great. I also like a smaller frame if possible (stiffer, lighter) and I don't like to run the stem on the short side to where it puts me behind the contact patch. Depends of course on your fork offset, and so on.