Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Twin Six METAL Team

mtbr member
    That is so sweet! I just placed an order for a Black Licorice A9C today. Maybe I can call first thing in the morning and cry, beg, and whine to change my order to the green RDO.........

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Awesome looking spec... minus one thing! - The Metal Sleave for the EBB so it can be run single. I get they removed it for weight savings... I removed my deraileurs, cables, cassette, and shifters for weight savings

Its pretty awesome that they took the time to reengineer the layup of carbon, and reposition the rear brake. A bonus is a B.A. Green ride also. Now if it were single speedable (via ebb) and if my bank account could afford it. Eitherway it's good stuff for sure!

DFMBA.org
    It's an awesome looking bike for sure, but it's odd that they selected a full complement of XTR except for the crankset and BB. If its a weight thing why not equip the bike with all XO or XX?
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxracer585 View Post
    Awesome looking spec... minus one thing! - The Metal Sleave for the EBB so it can be run single. I get they removed it for weight savings... I removed my deraileurs, cables, cassette, and shifters for weight savings

Its pretty awesome that they took the time to reengineer the layup of carbon, and reposition the rear brake. A bonus is a B.A. Green ride also. Now if it were single speedable (via ebb) and if my bank account could afford it. Eitherway it's good stuff for sure!
    I agree! Too bad there's not a singlespeed option for this bike... However, that's probably a good thing for me. I just finished up a rather pricey build for my R.I.P., and I don't need to spend anymore money right now...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Why can't they make a green jet 9 RDO?

Here is a picture

Are you a road biker that likes hills? Try this Michigan Mountain Mayhem.

29ers Only.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxracer585 View Post
    Awesome looking spec... minus one thing! - The Metal Sleave for the EBB so it can be run single. I get they removed it for weight savings...
    Since a lot of Ninerds use gears, we have traditionally offered an Air 9 model with a standard bb shell. You really do save quite a bit of weight with a carbon bb shell and a simple press-fit BB. Those of us who love to ride SS will still set them up using the standard tricks - A chain tensioner or magic gear will still work perfectly well on the new frame and a half-link chain link can give you some magic gear flexibility as well.

Just a reminder though about aftermarket ebb devices for PF30 - they are awesome little devices and work well on our alloy frames, but the clamping force required to keep them from moving will damage the BB shell of the Air 9 RDO.

Watch for the Newsletter later today with full specs and info!

Jordan
    Last edited by Niner Bikes; 02-14-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Glad to see they are fixing the internal routing problem with the new head badge.

"INTERNAL SHIFTER ROUTING
    New aluminum headbadge designed for full-length housing simplifies cable changes and protects cables from the elements."

I've already emailed them asking if this headbadge will be able to be swapped out on my Air9C.

mtbr member
    That's a really great looking frame!

Too bad, no internal routing for a seat dropper.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadefatsax View Post
    Glad to see they are fixing the internal routing problem with the new head badge.

"INTERNAL SHIFTER ROUTING
    New aluminum headbadge designed for full-length housing simplifies cable changes and protects cables from the elements."

I've already emailed them asking if this headbadge will be able to be swapped out on my Air9C.
    Mine looks like it's epoxied in there pretty well. Not sure you can swap it out without taking out the tools and butchering the glue but who knows.
    Last edited by GSJ1973; 02-14-2012 at 04:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
    That's a really great looking frame!

Too bad, no internal routing for a seat dropper.
    Yeah, that's a shame...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    too bad about the EBB too, I was excited till I saw that.

mtbr member
    Cool frame, but why is it so expensive? $300 and .4lbs more then a scott scale rc 29er frame, which also comes with a seatpost and collars.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner Bikes View Post
    Since a lot of Ninerds use gears, we have traditionally offered an Air 9 model with a standard bb shell. You really do save quite a bit of weight with a carbon bb shell and a simple press-fit BB. Those of us who love to ride SS will still set them up using the standard tricks - A chain tensioner or magic gear will still work perfectly well on the new frame and a half-link chain link can give you some magic gear flexibility as well.

Just a reminder though about aftermarket ebb devices for PF30 - they are awesome little devices and work well on our alloy frames, but the clamping force required to keep them from moving will damage the BB shell of the Air 9 RDO.

Watch for the Newsletter later today with full specs and info!

Jordan
    Thanks for putting out what looks like another awesome bike! Keep it up!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Damn you Niner my A9C still has the new bike smell and another bike will get me divorced! That is one good looking machine!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Mine looks like it's epoxied in there pretty well. Not sure you can swap it out without taking out the tools and butchering the glue but who knows.
    Nah, the headbadges come off real easy - I was changing the cables in my A9C after about four months riding, and the headbadge popped straight off the frame...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AIR 9 RDO Unveiled!-headbadge.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by willymcd View Post
    Cool frame, but why is it so expensive? $300 and .4lbs more then a scott scale rc 29er frame, which also comes with a seatpost and collars.
    It's also $200 more than the Santa Cruz Highball. There are lots of carbon hardtail choices these days, so it's a matter of personal priorities, geometry, etc. Some people love the Niner geometry, and it's a beautiful bike with some cool features. It's nice to have options.

Or, you can buy a Sette full-carbon frame right now for $900:
    Sette Razzo SC 29er Carbon Hardtail Frame at Price Point

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CCMTB View Post
    It's an awesome looking bike for sure, but it's odd that they selected a full complement of XTR except for the crankset and BB. If its a weight thing why not equip the bike with all XO or XX?
    Shimano doesn't make BB30 cranks.

29ers Only.
    @shiftless - We are really excited about the bike and it's great to hear you are too! We can't make everyone happy all the time but we still aim to please.

Jordan

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    It's also $200 more than the Santa Cruz Highball.
    True enough but I am sure you also noticed that at $6199 the Niner (with a painted-to-match Sid XX World Cup??!!!) is $350 cheaper than the lowest-end XTR Highball build offered by Santa Cruz. So if you want a built bike it's going to be a lot cheaper.

JMH

mtbr member
    $2,099.........ouch

Dirty South Underdog
    Carbon > Diamonds for Valentine's day! I'm in for a Licorice XTR bike
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    GREEN is the new BLACK! ;-)

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainturion View Post
    I thought it was the new purple??
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainturion View Post
    I hope Green/Black Color makes it to next One 9. It is hawt!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast