Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Niner makes no bones about this being a race bike. I would definitely race this bike, but 90% or more would be just average and frequent XC use. Nothing crazy, I like to keep my wheels on the ground whenever possible, but I want a hardtail that can rack up a lot of miles over the life of the frame. Any reason this new Niner couldn't handle that? Even if durability isn't an issue, is there any reason why this bike would be ill suited for this application? Thanks

29ers Only.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Niner makes no bones about this being a race bike. I would definitely race this bike, but 90% or more would be just average and frequent XC use. Nothing crazy, I like to keep my wheels on the ground whenever possible, but I want a hardtail that can rack up a lot of miles over the life of the frame. Any reason this new Niner couldn't handle that? Even if durability isn't an issue, is there any reason why this bike would be ill suited for this application? Thanks
    As a native Seattleite, your user name cracks me up.

As for durability, please go put some miles on this bike. That's why we make 'em. Same C5 warranty as all of our other carbon stuff.

Cheers,
    Carla

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

mtbr member
    This frame is thinner and lighter than the regular A9C, so I would assume this was done for better compliance?

(p.s. I never liked the word compliance being used to rate the comfort or stiffness of bike frames, it just seems odd to me.)

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice looking ride!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

rdo

Are any of these special edition bikes left

mtbr member
    $2,100 for a hardtail frame!? Holy crap!

That's $500 more than I paid for my Pivot Firebird frame, and it has a shock, carbon rocker, and floating derailleur.

I just ordered a Sette Razzo SC from Pricepoint for $699. That seems more in the ballpark for a frame that has no moving parts.

mtbr member
    The funny thing is people actually buy them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2