mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Air 9 RDO Cane Creek headset Q

The FSA headset which come with the Air 9 RDO frame is a pain for me to overhaul.

Since i am very happy with my Cane Creek 110 headset in my Jet 9 RDO i wanna replace the fsa headset with a Cane Creek 110.

But if i am not wrong i only can get the bottom part of a Cane Creek 110.

The only top part i find from the 110 series is IS41/28.6/H9/X.

The Air 9 RDO needs IS42/28.6.

So if i am not mistaken and i want a cane creek headset i need:

- series 40 upperpart IS42/28.6/H9/X
    - series 110 lowerpart IS52/40/H1

I am i right or wrong?

Twin Six METAL Team
    Yea...I'm curious too. I didn't pay attention to the tech info and ordered the same CC 110 that I'm using in my RIP 9, because I thought they were the same. Well...I thought wrong. So I sent it back, and now I'm just gonna roll with the KSA for now. I'll probably replace it down the road.

From what little research I did, I couldn't seem to find a CC 110 combo for this bike...yet. That's not saying much though...

Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I dont have any thing to offer other then I don't think Niner has done them selves any favors by changing head set standerds so much.

When looking for a head set for my Jet9 RDO. I started to get dizzy reading thru the Niner encyclopedia on head sets.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    you iz spot on. CC choices for new integrated niner headtubes are 40 upper and lower or 40 upper and 110 lower.