mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Air 9 RDO 1 x 10

Waited a long time to get the Bling Ring 32t direct mount ring. Unfortunately it was designed for a GXP type BB. MRP was nice enough to send a prototype PF30 type. Love the simplicity of 1 x 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-100_4521.jpg  

Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-100_4520.jpg  

Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-100_4519.jpg  

Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-100_4516.jpg  

mtbr member
    Prototype?
    I've been running a 30t Bling ring on a S2210 PF30 on my Jet 9 RDO for about a year now though it is 1x9. Actually I just installed my second one a couple months ago and anticipating a couple thousand miles on it
    If I thought I could deal with a HT, yours is what I'd want

mtbr member
    I switched my Air 9 RDO to a 1x10 as well and love it! I simply installed the new XX1 crankset with a 32t ring and don't need a chain guard at all...never have dropped a chain. Great innovation. I thought the Bling Ring thing would perform the same?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yes, the original one was dished inward, and actually contacted the chain stay. Did not end up in the middle of the chainline. The PF30 BB is a large diameter but narrower in width. Apparently GXP is a bit wider. When I ordered, I missed the reference to GXP. Here is the web page:
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | MRP Bling Ring Chainrings

mtbr member
    Gotcha. Great setup you have. Isn't it awesome the simplicity of a 1x10 now?!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat View Post
    Gotcha. Great setup you have. Isn't it awesome the simplicity of a 1x10 now?!
    Yes, it's hard to go back to having a front derailer. It's like a sequential gearbox; straight up or down. Simple = good.

greedy
    I've been running my A9RDO as a 1x10 since I built it up a few months ago with a Niner Chainring and XT Shadow + RD, No chainguide. Riding 6 days a week on pretty rocky, rooty trails and have also never dropped a chain.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just to clarify by Niner Chainring you mean the single speedring?

Even though I love my single speed A9C I have to admit I've been looking at some sort of 1x setup lately. I'm without a road bike right now and I like riding to a trail which means lots of pavement so at times it would be nice to have a few more gears to make the journey back and forth a bit faster. I have a Truvativ Stylo OCT 1.1 and was wondering if it would work with SRAM's XX1...

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cools View Post
    Just to clarify by Niner Chainring you mean the single speedring?

Even though I love my single speed A9C I have to admit I've been looking at some sort of 1x setup lately. I'm without a road bike right now and I like riding to a trail which means lots of pavement so at times it would be nice to have a few more gears to make the journey back and forth a bit faster. I have a Truvativ Stylo OCT 1.1 and was wondering if it would work with SRAM's XX1...
    Yeah, Niner Single Speedring. Still no problems. For the first few weeks, dropping the chain was always on the back of my mind, but it never happened. Now I don't even think about it anymore.

Also, I went from a Singlespeed as my only bike to this 1x10 and couldn't be happier. I always hated running out of gears on the flats.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

Wanderer
    That Bling Ring looks nice but they don't list XX cranks as compatible, sucks for me as I don't need the little ring where I live.

mtbr member
    Here is another option

I just installed a North Shore Billet spider on my cranks and am able to run a 104BCD single ring. The front derailluer is a gap fix until I get a clutched rear D or proper guide. I dropped my chain a few times on rough downhills without it. Also I'm able to fit a 34T chainring, raceface and wolfcreek both have wide/narrow tooth chainring options that fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-1x.jpg  

Air 9 RDO 1 x 10-nsb.jpg