Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 432

Thread: Air 9 pics

  1. #26
    tardcore
    Reputation: pjlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    821
    thesergeant, that bike is stunning, nice work!

  2. #27
    Singleminded
    Reputation: schingleschpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38

    2009 Air9 Large

    From Air9


    From Air9


    From Air9


    From Air9


    From Air9

  3. #28
    Jacob 34:19
    Reputation: JAKEtheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    484

    And another...



    These AIR9's really are great riding bikes.

  4. #29
    tardcore
    Reputation: pjlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    821
    I hate this thread, it's making me want an Air9 badly.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    24

    New question here.

    Quote Originally Posted by schingleschpeed
    From Air9
    Where did you get those nifty red niner end caps on the bars?

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mitch66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    106









  7. #32
    Singleminded
    Reputation: schingleschpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCorky
    Where did you get those nifty red niner end caps on the bars?
    I purchased them from http://purelycustom.com and they were kind to mimic the "9" in a typeset like the Niner 9. Talk to Katie there and she'll know what to do especially if you show her my picture. She'll be proud. I think they came out just perfect and really make the bike special. Thanks for noticing.
    singleminded

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by schingleschpeed
    I purchased them from http://purelycustom.com and they were kind to mimic the "9" in a typeset like the Niner 9. Talk to Katie there and she'll know what to do especially if you show her my picture. She'll be proud. I think they came out just perfect and really make the bike special. Thanks for noticing.

    Sweet! Thanks man!

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnbikerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,217
    Whew! Just let the pictures do the talking huh Mitch? Beautiful!
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,926

    2009 Air 9 Large Atomic Blue

    My 2009 Air 9 - to answer the first question - Yes it glows in the dark.



    And in daylight too.






    Some details:

    I hate to have a day spoiled by a "sensitive" derailleur.




    or a weak quick release.



    Some blue trim.







    FYI: weight is 26.1 pounds.

    The drive train is a compromise. It's 1 1/2 by 9. There is a granny ring but to use it requires shifting by hand. My thought is that I can ride anything 1 by 9 except in extreme cases in which case time to shift is insignificant.

    I hope this avoids cable rub.


  11. #36
    The Other Dude
    Reputation: jut8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,079
    very nice, i regret selling mine because the 09 blue frame is freakin sweet, but i do really like my superfly.......maybe later on down the road i can build up a rigid air9 and get my sweet blue frame color back.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    Has anyone built an Air9 Raw with a silver Reba fork? I'd like to see a pic.
    Last edited by ridebikes; 01-07-2009 at 05:25 PM.

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    My 2009 Air 9 - to answer the first question - Yes it glows in the dark.



    And in daylight too.






    Some details:

    I hate to have a day spoiled by a "sensitive" derailleur.




    or a weak quick release.



    Some blue trim.







    FYI: weight is 26.1 pounds.

    The drive train is a compromise. It's 1 1/2 by 9. There is a granny ring but to use it requires shifting by hand. My thought is that I can ride anything 1 by 9 except in extreme cases in which case time to shift is insignificant.

    I hope this avoids cable rub.

    Lets hear about that King BB your runnin'!
    Livin' the dream.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    23

    new 2009 Air 9 build

    This was just built up in December, mostly silver with some red accents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    157
    A buddy of my just built up a atomic blue Air9 with white fork and white rims. Perfect frame for the type of racing he does.

    http://ghisallodailynews.blogspot.co...omic-blue.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    86

  17. #42
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolm4
    Lets hear about that King BB your runnin'!

    ***

  18. #43
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    [FONT=Verdana]








    Doug,

    Are you going to race the AIR 9 in Vision Quest / Counting Coup this year? Also are those Manitous's 100 or 120mm?
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 01-15-2009 at 03:58 PM.

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Doug,

    Are you going to race the AIR 9 in Vision Quest / Counting Coup this year? Also are those Manitous's 100 or 120mm?
    Yes on the VQ (It's a timed event, not a race )

    Manitou 100.
    New King BB's and tools

  20. #45
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation: Boyonadyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Yes on the VQ (It's a timed event, not a race )

    Manitou 100.
    New King BB's and tools
    Ok, it's a timed event, or, a race against the clock or a race against your personal best. It's not a social ride and you train for it, right? And there's awards and podium finishes and schwag?

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4

    Just built-up

    Just built this beauty up and took it for it's maiden voyage this AM


  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: volleybrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by banksd1983


    I ride this more than my 5" squishy here in so cal lol
    Absolutely LOVE the subtle touches of red you have going on! Some people can overdo a color, but I think what you did is perfect!

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: av8trinabarrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    66
    You blew it with the wheels. I gotta pair that would look great
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    16
    Here is the fleet. The Tang one is my AIR9. There is my Godzilla Green ONE9 in the back and a Limited Edition MCR9 (white) from Big Kahuna Bicycles as well. I'm sure I will have to buils another rigid Niner, so I have a good excuse to use the new Niner carbon fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    284
    that limited MCR is a pretty sweet build. I'd like to see it with the new white ESI Chunky's grips and some red Hope Plugs but other than that, looks hot and well thought out. Congrats.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •