mtbr member
    Oct 2007

A9C with hollowgram crank

I've seen one or two on A9Cs before, anyone running one on here? Would I just need the standard CYA BB30 cups to run the crankset/spindle/bb30 bearings?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Nobody?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    you can use either the BB30 or the PF30 adaptors.

PF30 has the bearings better protected so if you run in muddy conditions this might be a better option

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Cool, thanks! I actually ordered the regular bb30 cya adapter over the weekend. I don't see too much mud so I should be good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ok, if you need to buy bearings or if you will replace your bearings : go for the phil wood BB30 bearings (PWX086). put some quality grease between bearings and the bearing covers.

also grease the adapter cups (small film of grease between cups and bearings)

you will thank me afterwards ;-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slashy View Post
    ok, if you need to buy bearings or if you will replace your bearings : go for the phil wood BB30 bearings (PWX086). put some quality grease between bearings and the bearing covers.

also grease the adapter cups (small film of grease between cups and bearings)

you will thank me afterwards ;-)
    Cool, thanks again. I do already have bearings but I will definitely be liberal with my grease usage.