Carbon & Ti rule

7.1 Earth Quake In New Zealand

Well woke up today to hear there was a 7.1 Earth Quake In Christchuch, The home of Niner Bikes in New Zealand.

Sounds like there is some major damage down there & hope everyone down there is ok.

Sounds like only 2 people with major cuts & it was 8 hours ago now so they are still checking the damage.

Hope Allan & family are well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for your concern Murray. I am happy to report that we are fine and as far as I am aware no Niners have been harmed in the quake. A bit of carnage in the warehouse but no serious damage as far as I can tell. Our biggest dealer, Basic Bikes in Beckenham looks like it is ok but the building that houses the shop across the road (Beckenham Cycles) looks pretty banged up. A couple of the bigger shops in the city look like they have suffered major damage as well. Pretty scary quake, definitely a Wfo9 level event (to give a little Niner context) but thankfully no reports of loss of life so far.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I thought that lots of blocks may have fallen on your old bikes Ha Ha

Good to hear your fine.

Carbon & Ti rule
    If you want somewere safe to store any Niners just send them to me, I'm 43% sure I won't ride them at the 12 hour MTB in Taupo next weekend.