mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2013 jet 9 rdo 3 star build weight?

As the topic states, was wondering if anyone has weights for the 3-star complete bike. Preferably in a size small. Thanks

mtbr member
    A similar build on Competitive Cyclist show right at 25lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegan_warrior View Post
    As the topic states, was wondering if anyone has weights for the 3-star complete bike. Preferably in a size small. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Really? Wow seems a little heavy for being full carbon frame.

mtbr member
    A 5 lb frame is a 5 lb frame. It's what you put on that 5 lb frame that makes or breaks the weight.
    Really? Wow seems a little heavy for being full carbon frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Very true. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    If I had to guess...it would probably be in the 26 lb range...which is not very heavy considering it's a full suspension capable of being classified in either the XC or trail riding category. Even tho mines a large, It took a lot of weight wheenie parts on my build to get it under 24. I was well over 25lb with a XTR drive train, XT brakes, and arch ex wheels. Even if the 3 star kit ended up at 26 lbs, i wouldnt stress. the bike is extremely fast...you'd swear it was much lighter. At first I was a little dissapointed how much money it took keep weight down on this expensive frame...but the more I ride it...the more I realize how versatile this bike is and that weight does not have much negative effect at all. Hands down the best bike I've ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yeah i've seen so many positive reviews and so much good press that i'm going to pull the trigger on it regardless. It just seemed that for the money it would weigh less lol, but looking closer at it, the build kit it has is almost exactly what i'd put on any frame so it's not bad. Not really shooting for weight, just want a reliable daily workhorse type build. I really want to try to get my hands on one to take it for a ride but I don't think i'd be disappointed in it based on geometry and reviews. The weight seemed like a lot because i've been spending a lot of time around the new Scale 710 and a few Spark RC's that were weight weenie'd out lol, but in retrospect my current bike weighs 32.5 lbs and it's a hardtail with an 80mm fork, ANYTHING will be better

Carbon & Ti rule
    Yes as most people are I'm sure you will get a big surprise just how fast this bike is.

Yeah i've seen so many positive reviews and so much good press that i'm going to pull the trigger on it regardless. It just seemed that for the money it would weigh less lol, but looking closer at it, the build kit it has is almost exactly what i'd put on any frame so it's not bad. Not really shooting for weight, just want a reliable daily workhorse type build. I really want to try to get my hands on one to take it for a ride but I don't think i'd be disappointed in it based on geometry and reviews. The weight seemed like a lot because i've been spending a lot of time around the new Scale 710 and a few Spark RC's that were weight weenie'd out lol, but in retrospect my current bike weighs 32.5 lbs and it's a hardtail with an 80mm fork, ANYTHING will be better

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Awesome! Fast is good

Thanks

COTA member
    My Jet 9 RDO (Large) with SRAM X0 2x10 w/Fox Talas 120mm shock comes in just barely under 25#. Could run a RockShox SID XX World Cup 100mm and save 1#. For dual link FS bike I am content with the weight. Another option would be X1x11 but that would cost over a grand to switch to and save less than 1#.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yeah it seems that's light enough. Any lighter and we're talking a lot of money just to add up some grams.

mtbr member
    I bought mine with out ever riding one. It is a big leap of faith but setting a personal record, on my first ride, out of the shop, without a perfect set up- convinced me quickly that I picked the right bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That sounds pretty awesome, would convince me too