mtbr member

2013 Air 9 Carbon - Predictions???

With the new SIR 9 recently announced I'm curious if the Air 9 Carbon will see some changes such as 12x142, direct mount FD, geometry changes, etc... Any ideas?

I'm new to Niner and do not know if they put out new models based on the year or if they only make changes when needed like Ibis.

Bottom line; should I get an Air 9 Carbon SS now or wait for the next version of the frame? Any thoughts on when the next version will be out?

Thanks!

Dirty South Underdog
    They don't do model years, though that frame is about due for an update. It is a really badass singlespeed frame as-is, though. I can't see what they could change that'd make me want to offload mine and make an upgrade. The RDO tubing was downsized a bit for weight and compliance, but I honestly can't tell much difference between the two.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    I would bet on a 12x142 rear axle at least

Twin Six METAL Team
    I would hope that they incorporate the internal cable routing from the Air 9 RDO (versus the current system). That seems to be a little more user-friendly as opposed to the current A9C, which seems to be a bit of a pain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    +1 on the ability to run full length housings