mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO frame deals

So looks like I missed out, but if anyone knows of any place that has a 2012 Niner RDO Small frame for the deal price of $1500 that was going on, please let me know.

I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam, so I'm thinking medium would maybe work but small may be best for me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Matrim; 03-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I am the same size with a shorter inseam and I went with a medium. The smalls seemed to go pretty fast during the closeout rush. If you can find a medium I think you'll be OK with a 70mm stem.

Good luck

mtbr member
    There are lots of "RDO"'s. Air, Jet, RIP.
    14 SW Epic WC - 21.8 lb
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -28
    11 SW Epic 29 - sold
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ordered a small 2012 Jet 9 RDO from OutsideOutfitters late last year (December) and got a call from their sales rep saying Niner overstated their closeout inventory quantities and that no more smalls were available. That said, they offered to sell me a small 2013 Jet 9 RDO at cost.

My suggestion would be to call around and ask for a deal on a 2013, as I highly doubt any 2012's are still available.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I apologize, I meant to put JET 9 RDO in the title. Let me see if I can fix that.

Also if anyone knows where I can get a medium or small then I could try that out with smaller stem.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a small 2012 Jet 9 RDO from OutsideOutfitters late last year (December) and got a call from their sales rep saying Niner overstated their closeout inventory quantities and that no more smalls were available. That said, they offered to sell me a small 2013 Jet 9 RDO at cost.

My suggestion would be to call around and ask for a deal on a 2013, as I highly doubt any 2012's are still available.
    I called a few places already, the best deal I can get so far is still $500 over the closeout deal. $500 is a fair amount so I'm still looking.

mtbr member
    $500 more is a good deal for carbon rockers, thicker rear axel and possible better cabling to the rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    it is a pretty good deal, but I was thinking I'd do it for the $1500 but for $2100 prob not

I guess no more med or small Jet 9 RDO frames anywhere for $1500 or so.

It was worth asking.

Thanks,.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by quote View Post
    $500 more is a good deal for carbon rockers, thicker rear axel and possible better cabling to the rear derailleur.
    Apparently theres a new cable routing kit that allows you to you a single housing the whole way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    So Chris at Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton Colorado totally hooked me up and took care of me with a 2012 Small Jet 9 RDO frame in WHITE/BLACK.

Shipped out today, so a week from tomorrow I swap my XX build and XX1 cranks and Chris King hubs on ZTR Crests etc over. Pretty excited that I found one, and wasn't expecting to at all. May go external with the Rear DR cable at first, have to see if I want to pay the LBS to do it, I don't want to run the new cable to be honest.

Win

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Good deal. I was debating between a small and medium. Ended up with a medium black for a really nice deal. Need to build mine up. Still too much snow to ride here in VT.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
    So Chris at Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton Colorado totally hooked me up and took care of me with a 2012 Small Jet 9 RDO frame in WHITE/BLACK.

Shipped out today, so a week from tomorrow I swap my XX build and XX1 cranks and Chris King hubs on ZTR Crests etc over. Pretty excited that I found one, and wasn't expecting to at all. May go external with the Rear DR cable at first, have to see if I want to pay the LBS to do it, I don't want to run the new cable to be honest.

Win
    Congratulations! Just use the new Niner kit to run full length housing thru the frame. It works great.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I opened a case on the Niner website asking about the kit, haven't heard back yet.