• 03-18-2013
    Matrim
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO frame deals
    So looks like I missed out, but if anyone knows of any place that has a 2012 Niner RDO Small frame for the deal price of $1500 that was going on, please let me know.

I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam, so I'm thinking medium would maybe work but small may be best for me.

Thanks!
  • 03-18-2013
    WoodstockMTB
    I am the same size with a shorter inseam and I went with a medium. The smalls seemed to go pretty fast during the closeout rush. If you can find a medium I think you'll be OK with a 70mm stem.

Good luck
  • 03-18-2013
    CarManDSL
    There are lots of "RDO"'s. Air, Jet, RIP.
  • 03-18-2013
    D1PHAM
    I ordered a small 2012 Jet 9 RDO from OutsideOutfitters late last year (December) and got a call from their sales rep saying Niner overstated their closeout inventory quantities and that no more smalls were available. That said, they offered to sell me a small 2013 Jet 9 RDO at cost.

My suggestion would be to call around and ask for a deal on a 2013, as I highly doubt any 2012's are still available.
  • 03-18-2013
    Matrim
    I apologize, I meant to put JET 9 RDO in the title. Let me see if I can fix that.

Also if anyone knows where I can get a medium or small then I could try that out with smaller stem.

Thanks!
  • 03-18-2013
    Matrim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    I ordered a small 2012 Jet 9 RDO from OutsideOutfitters late last year (December) and got a call from their sales rep saying Niner overstated their closeout inventory quantities and that no more smalls were available. That said, they offered to sell me a small 2013 Jet 9 RDO at cost.

My suggestion would be to call around and ask for a deal on a 2013, as I highly doubt any 2012's are still available.

I called a few places already, the best deal I can get so far is still $500 over the closeout deal. $500 is a fair amount so I'm still looking.
  • 03-18-2013
    $500 more is a good deal for carbon rockers, thicker rear axel and possible better cabling to the rear derailleur.
  • 03-20-2013
    Matrim
    it is a pretty good deal, but I was thinking I'd do it for the $1500 but for $2100 prob not :)

I guess no more med or small Jet 9 RDO frames anywhere for $1500 or so.

It was worth asking.

Thanks,.
  • 03-20-2013
    danny31292
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quote View Post
    $500 more is a good deal for carbon rockers, thicker rear axel and possible better cabling to the rear derailleur.

Apparently theres a new cable routing kit that allows you to you a single housing the whole way.
  • 04-05-2013
    Matrim
    So Chris at Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton Colorado totally hooked me up and took care of me with a 2012 Small Jet 9 RDO frame in WHITE/BLACK.

Shipped out today, so a week from tomorrow I swap my XX build and XX1 cranks and Chris King hubs on ZTR Crests etc over. Pretty excited that I found one, and wasn't expecting to at all. May go external with the Rear DR cable at first, have to see if I want to pay the LBS to do it, I don't want to run the new cable to be honest. :)

Win
  • 04-05-2013
    WoodstockMTB
    Good deal. I was debating between a small and medium. Ended up with a medium black for a really nice deal. Need to build mine up. Still too much snow to ride here in VT.
  • 04-05-2013
    azpoolguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
    So Chris at Big Kahuna Bicycles in Littleton Colorado totally hooked me up and took care of me with a 2012 Small Jet 9 RDO frame in WHITE/BLACK.

Shipped out today, so a week from tomorrow I swap my XX build and XX1 cranks and Chris King hubs on ZTR Crests etc over. Pretty excited that I found one, and wasn't expecting to at all. May go external with the Rear DR cable at first, have to see if I want to pay the LBS to do it, I don't want to run the new cable to be honest. :)

Win

Congratulations! Just use the new Niner kit to run full length housing thru the frame. It works great.
  • 04-08-2013
    Matrim
    I opened a case on the Niner website asking about the kit, haven't heard back yet.