mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2010 jet cable routing question

Building up a new frame and a bit confused about the cable routing. I'm assuming:

rear brake runs down 3 guides on left and passes right by center of shock

RD cable comes out of cable stop and similarly runs right by center or rear shock heading to back triangle

FD comes out of cable guide and heads down toward BB where it makes a sharp turn to run up to cable stop on the down tube

any tips on how to minimize any chance of leg interference while riding?

Thanks,

Chris

banned
    Sounds like you are running it correct, I have had no issues at all with rubbing my leg or shoe. Once you set it up I think you will find it is a non-issue.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have clearance no issues either. Rear derailleur cable is on the inboard set of stops. Cable runs from from the shifter, around the head tube and enters from the left, if sitting on the bike.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcrawford
    Building up a new frame and a bit confused about the cable routing. I'm assuming:

rear brake runs down 3 guides on left and passes right by center of shock

RD cable comes out of cable stop and similarly runs right by center or rear shock heading to back triangle

FD comes out of cable guide and heads down toward BB where it makes a sharp turn to run up to cable stop on the down tube
    Brake side...

JET is ready

Front Derailleur side...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    You're killing me BB. My size L weighs 26 on the nose with SRAM XX, CR Mags and Stans Crest wheels with ZTR hubs. I have SPD pedals and Ergon GX1 grips that are weighing it down. I'd never give up those Ergons though.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by riding29
    You're killing me BB. My size L weighs 26 on the nose with SRAM XX, CR Mags and Stans Crest wheels with ZTR hubs. I have SPD pedals and Ergon GX1 grips that are weighing it down. I'd never give up those Ergons though.
    I bet your pedals lasted longer than the 6 rides my eggs did.

On the other hand, whether the JET final build weighs 25 or 26 or even 27 pounds - I seriously doubt any difference can be felt on the bike while riding. Maybe lifting it in and out of the truck, but that's it.

BB

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBrown
    I bet your pedals lasted longer than the 6 rides my eggs did.

On the other hand, whether the JET final build weighs 25 or 26 or even 27 pounds - I seriously doubt any difference can be felt on the bike while riding. Maybe lifting it in and out of the truck, but that's it.

BB

100% agreed. I've had more than one person throw a leg over that bike and tell me the same thing. Had a couple of SF 100 owners tell me the same too...and they like the rear suspension much better than their rides. Nothing but happy with what I have.