mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2009 EBB-I with 130 in/lbs etched on side - problems??

I have the 2009 EBB-I with the 130 in/lbs etched on the side. Does anyone know why Niner says to contact them regarding this installation?

I installed the BB and cranks today and I don't know if I did something wrong. When I tightened the crankarm bolt, the EBB no longer rotates when the set screw is loosen. Raceface says to torque the crankarm bolt to 45 ft/lbs, but it seems kinda high since at that torque the arms squeezing the BB and the EBB. Any idea what I'm missing? Washer or something?

This is my first experience with Niner bikes and their EBBs. My previous and only SS had the EBB with the 2 set screws underneath.

29ers Only.
    Thank you for your support of Niner Bikes. That is a first generation BioCentric. The first BioCentrics to be released had a torque spec of 130 in/lbs. This was later increased to 190 in/lbs and there was a slight modification when this change was made,and we have since moved to a 2 bolt design. The 130 in/lbs BioCentrics can be modified if you are having issues with it. The rider support guys have the document and can email it to you if you would like. Contact them at service@ninerbikes.com and they will get you going.

Thanks,
    Brad

Passion. Commitment. 29ers only.

Follow all things Niner Bikes on Facebook!www.ninerbikes.com

kgraham11
    I recently completed a build with a used frame and Biocentric I EBB. I received the document, followed instructions and used Oatey's compound. Haven't had a creak or slip yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm going to try this. Thanks. Otherwise I'll try to get my hands on a EBB II.