mtbr member
    Apr 2012

142x12 Maxle Kit, RIP 9 for sale?

Bought a holdover Rip 9 frame. Trying to upgrade QR to 142x12 Maxle but having a tough time finding a kit in stock. Anyone know where I can get one?

Or maybe you have one you don't need anymore? Top dollar paid! PM me.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Niner Drop Out Kit 12X142 For RIP9/WFO9 > N > Niner | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Not directly in stock, but says they should ship within two weeks. But since Niner doesn't have them available on their site, might not be possible for Jenson to get them that soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks. I also found Jenson's, and also had the same concern based on Niner's stated availability. I actually have an order in at BikeBling, who claimed it was in-stock. Order was placed about a month ago and I'm still waiting!

Tired of waiting. Seriously considering returning the frame if I don't find a kit soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just bought the same frame and I battled with the same problem. I finally found the maxle kit from Germany. Im from Finland, so it wasn't too far for me...
    And it was unbelievable expensive...

NINER Maxle Kit, RIP9/WFO9, 142x12mm-11219
    Last edited by antimus; 12-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Dianetics Junior
    I ordered the kit from BikeBling on Oct 10 knowing it was on backorder at the time. I got an email on Nov 25 indicating that the backorder had been pushed back to mid December from Niner...

No word since...I have to think it won't be much longer but I guess you never know...luckily I have QR convertible hubs or I'd be a sad little man.....Will update if i hear any news...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Antimus, thanks for the tip. At current exchange rate, that's about $130. Yes, quite expensive. Makes my good deal on the RIP 9 frame not quite so good anymore!

CBizzie, that's a good idea: see if there are QR converters for my wheel. They are Rovals taken off my wife's 2013 stump evo comp.

Dianetics Junior
    I thought the Rovals were essentially DT Swiss (which I am running)...if so they're likely EASILY convertible...at least it will get you riding sooner!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well f* me, the rear wheel I was going to use are 142+. Damn Specialized! Ordered new hope/stans-flow with QR. My cheap build is turning into anything but...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I had the same issue in September. Emailed Niner and they said that they were switching suppliers and would have kits available in late Oct but most were already spoken for. I was able to get one from that batch. I'm guessing that since the kits are for the old RIP/WFO frames, Niner is being conservative in their re-orders. If you email them, they will respond quickly and give you an update.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks. I just sent an email to Niner.

Got the response from Niner: Expected back in stock by end of Month, at which time they will ship to their customers (including Bike Bling, to fill my order).

Thanks, everyone, for your help and suggestions.
    Last edited by lixxfe; 01-03-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added response from Niner

Dianetics Junior
    Bike Bling has them in, confirmed today - in case anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes, finally got a shipping notice from them today for my kit.

Also got this link from Niner:RIP/WFO V2 142mm (Hangers only). $30 for the hangers. Need to source your own axle. According to Niner, they no longer sell the full kit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    That only shows one side, does it come with the other side adapter as well?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I didn't order from Niner, so can't be sure, but I would say, 'yes', based on my email exchange with them. Their tech support seems to be responsive and helpful, so I would email them to be sure.

FYI, Bike Bling sent me a complete kit: 2 hangers + maxle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I ordered via BikeBling as well, Niner had the dropouts, but then you had to buy the axle, and they aren't cheap either. Ordered the conversion kit for my Stan's hubs as well, better price than Jenson.