mtbr member
    Oct 2010

10mm DT RWS for Jet9RDO?

Looking to build up some new wheels and considering at 10x135 rear Hope an adding the DT RWS 10m thru bolt.

How much does this really stiffen things up?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockMTB View Post
    Looking to build up some new wheels and considering at 10x135 rear Hope an adding the DT RWS 10m thru bolt.

How much does this really stiffen things up?
    It does help a bit, However even the early Jet9 RDO & the Jet9 carbon are quite stiff anyway,

All that aside the RWS is just a nicer system, Not quite as nice as the 142x12 on the later Jet9 RDO's but still very good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have one on my first gen RDO and it really stiffened it up. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but it was definitely noticable. I went from a set of flows to American classics with the dt rws 10mm TA. Really like it and can appreciate the added stiffness.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Cool. Thanks guys

mtbr member
    May 2012
    This is not relevant information. You switched wheels and skewers at the same time. I hope you at least kept the same tires. I am glad that you feel the bike is stiffer but how can you isolate it to a skewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeast View Post
    I have one on my first gen RDO and it really stiffened it up. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but it was definitely noticable. I went from a set of flows to American classics with the dt rws 10mm TA. Really like it and can appreciate the added stiffness.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    It makes a noticeable difference. especially if you're a larger rider. I've put them on multiple bikes and its made the rear track much nicer.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Perhaps, but I'm not debating that. The point I was poorly making is that you cannot change multiple things at once and say that any perceived improvements were because of just 1 of the things you changed. To make that claim the same wheelset with and without the 10MM skewer would need to have been used in a blind test back to back.

Personally I think that a wheelset has way more effect on perceived stiffness than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mwandrusz View Post
    It makes a noticeable difference. especially if you're a larger rider. I've put them on multiple bikes and its made the rear track much nicer.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I agree and only stated this because I feel the flow wheelset is pretty stiff and I went with an AC race wheelset that I thought would have lost some overall. You are correct though that it was multiple factors that could have influenced my perceptions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Other than the adapters for the wheels does the rows just replace the skewer system and how does it improve on the skewer system? Stiffness I get but does it make fitting and removal of the rear wheel any easier/simpler?