"Its All Good"

Good job! Zee Germans..................................

Decided to take 2 Zee Germans out to the trailhead today....

Our usual crew was only 3 for this weeks Sunday in the early AM ride..... KillerB had some friends coming out to ride at 10 in the AM, beginners whom KillerB is introducing to the sport of MTB.... Momentus's partner (she has hawt calves) was also out riding with another buddy......

Had a great ride, not a long one, but a great one. Were playing on some jumps, KillerB had a rather nasty stack, of which I am focking surprised he got up from, for those in the know of Woodhill ( Woodhill Bike Park ) it was on the relatively newish trail called X-Aisle, the 3rd jump to be precise, of which is a decent challenging jump, that drops off over the brow of an incline, KillerB clipped the top of the tranny just short, the suspension soaked things up, then sprung him further down the trail on the front wheel, then over she went, he was traveling at quite a pace... He landed some 30 Meters from the jump.... So Momentus and thought #%$&*@ and ran to see if he was ok, he was not too bad... Few scrapes and a shoulder that is well lets say will be sore in the morning.... It is one that has had a nip and tuck already...

So that sort of finished the AM type ride...

We headed back to the trailhead and grabbed our DJ bikes, thats Momentus and I..... We headed over to Jumpers Alley, a line of smallish DJ's for the not so skilled DJ riders... Thats ME... Had not been out on the FMXTB since I had a nasty stack and focked my back some months ago.... Anyways, was great to get out and ride this bike again, need to put in the practice on the jumps for sure, so will try and get out more and more... Have got a little goal in my mind to be able to clear this line of jumps by the end of summer...

I do think riding a variety of my bikes at times screws me up when I first change over....

29er fully rigid SS on Thursday night, Momentus and I did a road ride yesterday, then today on the Helius FR then the FMXTB..... Am sure it is a breeze for the pro's but not the Whafe...

All in all though, had a great day out, weather is getting better as Spring cranks up....

A load of stokage today.....

A few shots of various jumps today..... KillerB on the Specialized, on the red Uzzi VPX was a dude whom could shred the jumps (he came to NZ for the weather and riding from the UK, good to have him here), Momentus on the Moment and myself on the Helius....

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Whafe, you know, you have to get ze wheels on ze ground to get somewhere. Those bikes are MOUNTAINBIKES, not some jumpy-hippie-air-time-thingies to have fun on. Sheeeesh ...

Other than that, great pictures.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet shots, Whafester!

Air time!

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    Whafe, you know, you have to get ze wheels on ze ground to get somewhere. Those bikes are MOUNTAINBIKES, not some jumpy-hippie-air-time-thingies to have fun on. Sheeeesh ...

Other than that, great pictures.
    These would be shots of those new-fangled helium-filled frames.

'All over it!'
    Hey great pics bro..... I can't wait to get back into the saddle! Only a few more days and I can start on the stationary bike. Mrs Lornibear and I saw an awesome advert for holidays in NZ last night, it's now on our wish list of places to visit. Great pics tho.

"Its All Good"
    Testmaen - Yes Zee bike today did not feel totally at ease in the air, too much time on other bikes, the pain thing about having a few steeds...

Cris - Cheers buddy, and am still loving that coffee you sent me, stuff is ripping good...

Womble - Yeah I needed to be filled with Helium as opposed to hot air today...

lornibear - Great bro to hear you will be able to get on a stationary bike soon, the healing is coming on that means, yeah ha.... Yourself and Mrs Lorni are welcome to visit, will show you good time....

Would love to have some of you visit, be a blast.... Good around the Cristmas or after period, summer here remember... Have a spell from the Northern Hemisphere Winter...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

New to the Nicolai Clan
    Photos turned out well. Was great to contrast us with the guy on the Intense...

I wonder how KillerB is feeling this morning...

mtbr member

Aches and Pains

The KillerB would be feeling better if he could de-shackle a right arm for a day or two!

Nice pics Fent and I laughed at how similar our jumping position was on that number two on X-Aisle......another day and it will be befeated by both of us I'm sure....

Team Mistermoonbikes
    ufff, nice pics!!!!
    More than 15.000 posts in foromtb.com, from Murcia, Spain, garypalmer....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    IMHO NZ eventually has to be on anybody's travelling short-short-list for so many reasons, e.g. being at the beginning of the world, wander in Frodos tracks, seeing the Haka at home, overcoming your inner sissy and do some of those countless jumping/flying/boating things, fishing at some of those awesome streams, messing with your inner calendar b/c of the southern hemisphere and/or making it an all-summer-year and, OF COURSE, some excellent trailriding with Whafe.

I guess there are many more reasons for coming to New Zealand ...

IMHO NZ eventually has to be on anybody's travelling short-short-list for so many reasons, e.g. being at the beginning of the world, wander in Frodos tracks, seeing the Haka at home, overcoming your inner sissy and do some of those countless jumping/flying/boating things, fishing at some of those awesome streams, messing with your inner calendar b/c of the southern hemisphere and/or making it an all-summer-year and, OF COURSE, some excellent trailriding with Whafe.

exactly.....my GF just got back from 2 conferences in NZ a week ago...and she can't wait to go back....I'm in!

banned
    Hey, and when are you guys coming out to East Germany? Just down the street from another one of the DDR museums our neighbors found a small bike park. The climbing by foot is minimal, so you can blast down all day. This place rocked! Now I'm looking to do some real jumps and ride what my bike was made to do.

I actually got full travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Hey, and when are you guys coming out to East Germany? Just down the street from another one of the DDR museums our neighbors found a small bike park. The climbing by foot is minimal, so you can blast down all day. This place rocked! Now I'm looking to do some real jumps and ride what my bike was made to do.

I actually got full travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JC - Sweet to hear that you are finding more and more trails, stoked for you.... Always takes a while in a new place.... Come to New Zealand, take you direct to the source...

"Its All Good"

Well all you Peeps, put a plan together and make it happen. You will be well looked after if you get your butts and bikes down under to New Zealand.....Come over for this event, would have a blast at this event, then we do some travel and awesome riding.... Brake Burner

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    exactly.....my GF just got back from 2 conferences in NZ a week ago...and she can't wait to go back....I'm in!
    Yeah mate, you have a llllll oooooo nnnnn gggggg way to go for forgiveness for not making it down to NZ with your GF.....

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerB
    The KillerB would be feeling better if he could de-shackle a right arm for a day or two!

Nice pics Fent and I laughed at how similar our jumping position was on that number two on X-Aisle......another day and it will be befeated by both of us I'm sure....
    Well a little time will help, hoping it heals up quick, best you are available for Thursday evenings ride, last ride with Momentus before he goes on a Great vacation.....

Yes we need to sort this whole jump section..... Mmmmm the summer will be hear, plenty of time..... Yeah ha...

Momentus - Yes a few good shots, we will get better with the shots am sure.... Dam better...

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yeah mate, you have a llllll oooooo nnnnn gggggg way to go for forgiveness for not making it down to NZ with your GF.....

I will make due!

wuss

I'm going to be there all January...

Can hardly wait!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dropadrop
    I'm going to be there all January...

Can hardly wait!
    Sweet, what are your plans thus far?

Weather will be good in January....

wuss
    Don't have a lot of plans yet. My wives sister lives there and we'll be visiting them. We'll spend a week going around the northmost point (or something like that) and hopefully biking a lot with her husband.

I'll probably have to ride the sisters bike though, which is a slightly too small (for me) Klein Palomino... Hopefully it won't break down right away.