mtbr member
    Dec 2005

... and if we just ... You'll wish you never saw this

Rides like a dream, better than ever! Note that this isn't a Boxxer, it's a Boxer! A2C is about 543mm.

Just waiting for the RS Reverb post now and then I think I'll be able to claim to have the heaviest AM out there

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thought about doing that myself a while back but as you say the weight put me off, will be nice and stiff though!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That looks like it could plough through hell, kick the **** out of old Nic and potter back up to with a smug smile on its face (nice bike)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Brilliant - I had thought about the same thing as well but I ended up getting a set of Totem's instead and had them cut down to 170mm, which Nicolai said would be fine with regard to warranty, even though the frame is the older version, not the newer heavier version.
    I only intend to use them for uplift days and the Alps and the forks were second hand, so only cost 290 before the conversion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Which version of the boxer are they race, team or WC?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Well they couldn't be the WC because you can't reduce the travel on the air sprung forks, it has to be done with a coil fork.

Basically the tuning company (had my Totems done by TF) cuts the spring and the bottom o the bottom of the stanchions to permanently reduce the travel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    It's a team.

Travel is not permanently reduced, can easily be brought back to 200mm although a new spring is necessary.

I think it's possibly with a WC too but haven't looked into it. I bought this for reliability so didn't go for air forks.

Here's how travel is reduced:

Plastic travel reducer turned and milled with a neat press fit.

Stiffness is just amazing compared to SC forks, not experiencing any knee/fork interference yet either. Little worse turning radius but front wheel pivoting isn't that much of a trouble.

Bike feels pretty planted even though front travel is 180mm and rear travel is 157. I am really looking forward to bikepark season this year

mtbr member
    Sweet - that is awesome - ive been running my totems at 167 on my FR for a year now - they are bad ass.

This year however Im going to whack them back up and go with a flat bar
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Mikael - that's interesting I didn't know you could do it that way. Sorry mate, didn't want to appear as if I was contradicting you. I was going on what I was told by the guys at TF Tuned. It's pretty good that you can reduce the travel without it being permanent.

Karve you seem to suggest that the Totem's reduction is also not permanent? Again, the guys at TF said that reduction involved cutting the spring and the damping rod or something to make it work and as such was completely irreversible. At least this reduction in travel is also accompanied by a reduction in height as well, which is the main reason for having it done in the first place.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    No offence taken, you can absolutely do it as TF says, and I thought about that, it would even save some weight!

But until I am absolutely sure of this setup I want to keep it reversible.

On the other hand I don't think a damping rod can be too expensive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972
    Karve you seem to suggest that the Totem's reduction is also not permanent? Again, the guys at TF said that reduction involved cutting the spring and the damping rod or something to make it work and as such was completely irreversible. At least this reduction in travel is also accompanied by a reduction in height as well, which is the main reason for having it done in the first place.
    Im air not spring so its super easy - all the solo airs can be adjusted in this way.

this post here shows it

Totem on an RFX!!!????

taken from this thread

Totem on an RFX!!!????

With the coils I guess you would also have the step of cutting the spring. You just reverse the operation to take it back to 180.

Check out errs lowered totems at 140 -sweet and burley as hell

Last edited by Karve; 01-08-2011 at 04:17 AM.
    www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk - Mountain Biking near London in the UK