'All over it!'

X - Post Drs On Fr

I posted this query on the drivetrain forum but as yet, no responses, hence I wonder if any of you fine people can help me out. here is the link:

DRS on Nicolai Helius FR

Many thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

e13

I have an e13 srs on my norco and thats mounted with an adaptor to the bb.It works very well you have to remove one of the 2.5mm spacers from the drive side and replace it with the adaptor.Then bolt the e13 to this.I have not used a drs yet but would its very similar to set up the srs.I have never had any problems with my e13 which i have used since 2004 when i brought one in whistler when i was out there.The only thing which did happen was the adaptor slipped when i hit a very large rock and slid the srs around and made contact with the swing arm.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec

Drs

I had a DRS on the VP-Free fitted as you describe above and it worked very well.

It was a bit of a faf to setup first time round but when i recently went from DRS to SRS then back to the DRS i managed to fit it no problem atall!!

They work very well but to be honest for the money have you considered a blackspire stinger? Just as effective and they are less than 20 bones!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

'All over it!'
    I already own a stinger, but was thinking of having the DRS set up, but now you mention it, I am happy with the stinger, the DRS was just a little more bling on the ride. The stinger is good and much lighter than the DRS. If it is as effective, then I may very well stay with it.

To be honest, you do get slightly more security with the DRS but i know alot of people who use the stinger and it seems to serve its purpose well. I've just gone back to it on the AM so im sure after a few weeks i'll have a better idea, but if you never loose your chain then its 100% working

If you have money to burn they are very good, but like you say if weight is an issue the stinger wins hands down.

mtbr member
    depends on age of ya nicolai, i got a drs on my new FR and it went on easy behind the bb cup. saved me the cost of iscg tabs too!

BTW theres a new version of the DRS out soon and its half the price of the old one! I'm gona try one when their available
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

'All over it!'
    That sounds interesting derekr, if you hear any more, would you let us know?

ya linky's :

No bash 35 = http://www.silverfish-uk.com/product...hp?r=3m3d0b5s0

With bash 65 = http://www.silverfish-uk.com/product...hp?r=3m3d0b5s0

S w e e t B L I N G ! ! ! !

OH and their out soonish i think next month or so

full range here, even for the single ring boyz :

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/silverf...hp?r=3m3d0b5s0

'All over it!'
    Thanks buddy, they look sweet, although it says that they are not compatible with the ISCG adaptor. They may kick me right in the swingers as I do not have ISCG mounts.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Hey guys,
    We've been shipping out our DS and DSS (with bashguard) for a few weeks now...so most distributors should be getting them in (Silverfish and Chainreaction soonest).

The bottom bracket mount style is what you would need for the Nicolai. If you have any installation questions or anything at all really...feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I've had a significant amount of hands on time with the steel backplates, so I should be able to help!

Cheers,
    philip @ e*thirteen

'All over it!'

Many thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by philw86
    Hey guys,
    We've been shipping out our DS and DSS (with bashguard) for a few weeks now...so most distributors should be getting them in (Silverfish and Chainreaction soonest).

The bottom bracket mount style is what you would need for the Nicolai. If you have any installation questions or anything at all really...feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I've had a significant amount of hands on time with the steel backplates, so I should be able to help!

Cheers,
    philip @ e*thirteen
    Hey Phil, many thanks for that can you confirm that the ISCG adaptor made by E-13 can be used on the FR with the new chain device? I already have a bashguard. Why do the sites say that you can't use them with the ISCG adaptors, yet you say we can? Don't get me wrong, if they are any better than the stinger for not much more weight and as good as the DRS, then I will certainly be knocking on CRCs door!

It dosent need an iscg adaptor it fits direct to the bottom bracket.

'All over it!'
    Many thanks derekr, I can see now that it works in a similar way to the stinger....I will be having one of those I think....thanks for your input buddy

No probs dude, can you let me know re. the wheels as amazingly i've had over a dozen emails about them since i posted them in the classifieds yesterday!!!!

If anyone else fancies some bling bling wheels see here http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...t=29464&cat=10

Thanks for coming on here Phil, I'm a bit of an E-thirteen fitting expert now as i've had 7 or 8 different ones now Looking forward to the DSS, looks very sweet! Any plans to make a lighter weight bash guard like raceface have done? i.e. thinner, for AM duties?

Cheers

Derek
    Last edited by derekr; 01-08-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Looking forward to getting this little beastie

'All over it!'
    Yup, thats the kiddie! i like the graphics on the new bashguard..... it looks a nice bit of kit and I can use it with my current bash. Had a look on CRC, but nothing yet. Anybody know if they are out in UK yet?

CRC say they will be shipping soon

Meant to say i got my DSS from CRC and for 34.99 it came with a supercharger bash exact to the one above. Looks great quality as per all e13 kit, i wont be fitting it till the FR arrives is around 6-7 weeks but i'll update you then. It also comes with several different BB spacers to get perfect chainline.

'All over it!'
    Hey derekr, my appologies for not getting back to earlier buddy. It ended being a no goer as the FR rebuild has run well over budget, but at least it will be ready to ride this week. Many thanks again.