Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Will we see the BBoxx for 2010?

My mind is racing re if we will see the commercial release of the BBoxx....

Anyone have any bully on this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will we see the BBoxx for 2010?-3878927017_e9d87ff19f_b.jpg  

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looks sweet.If its anodized orange,they have just sold one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Well, we need Fo or DavidCopperfield to put pressure on Nicolai and we'll have BBoxx
    on the market before Easter.

mtbr member
    I hope so. I have held off a schmidt for this.

"Its All Good"
    I too am looking forward to this coming to market..

Ojos A - You are correct on that one, those 2 would stir up some noise and possibly get things delivered However, not with Nicolai, will be in there time, which is not quick enough... LOL
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

steep fast and loose :)
    yeah - where's Fo Shizzle when we need him

i too have kept well away from the Scmidt due to the weight / cost and reliability issues.
    however, i doubt BBox will be much lighter, and that spline design doesn't look too long lasting to me. it looks too rounded to provide powerful purchase / grip..........?

anyway - gotta dash - we're off skiing / boarding all day

mtbr member
    Name:  Qsg7BRm4.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  37.1 KB

Any more news chaps? Will the launch be this year?

ooooooooooooooh. nice wallopers rpm

"Its All Good"
    ba ba ba ba bump.................. Dam nice bump

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Not to keen on the boots

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I would like to know what that rides like

mtbr member
    Just re-read the single track article, and this part below made me think, perhaps not this year and maybe not even the next

"Although the B-Boxx (Nicolai’s rival to the Hammerschmidt – Ed) is progressing well in trials, we have not found the right investor yet to set it towards production. Everybody is talking about the credit crunch, which has made this task harder. But, I am hopeful we will find the right partner eventually."
    Link - http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010...kalle-nicolai/

If it doesn't happen soon, I'm afraid they will miss the boat.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by wpuk
    Not to keen on the boots
    Not keen on the boots .... Well, in New Zealand, we love gumboots, we pop the sheeps back legs in our gumboots so they cant run away....

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Not keen on the boots .... Well, in New Zealand, we love gumboots, we pop the sheeps back legs in our gumboots so they cant run away....

and you have a propensity for velcro knee warmers

mtbr member
    I'd love to see the B-boxx appear shortly but I'd be surprised if it's any better than the HS. From my experience the HS performance is pretty much flawless except maybe the slight drag in overdrive which on a bike like the AFR is not an issue.

To be better than the HS the B-Boxx needs to work just as well and be either cheaper or lighter. Ideally both! It's a big ask. The longer it takes to make it to market the greater the chance of an updated HS and quite possibly a similar offering from the big S. In fact I'm surprised shimano have not already stumped up the cash for the B-Boxx(assuming Nicolai would sell them it) which makes me wonder if they've got something of their own in the pipeline
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Agree, frankly difficult to see where the B-Boxx will fit in with the HS, and agree that shimano must be thinking about stepping up to the plate. I can't see it being cheap either to be honest (not that the HS is that cheap either). Now that chick in the boots.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    we won't see the bboxx, unless nicolai finds some rumored 300k euros for machines etc.

the exact amount is speculative, but they need a big investor/-ment.

"Its All Good"
    And not the best time with the way in which the global economy is, mind you the media would tell you we are all good, of which is BS.....

mtbr member
    Its a shame, but to take on the mighty Sram.....thats not what nicolai's about.

Perhaps they were just getting it out there in an attempt to attract some attention with a view to licensing.

"Its All Good"
    Have heard from Nicolai re what is happening with this. I asked the question to the horses mouth.

Nicolai are no longer focussed on the BBoxx, due to the fact that a large investor is needed to head off the competition of SRAM....

Sad all round in my opinion....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Is a shame, but kind of expected this. You've got to feel it was just a bit of bad timing with the HS coming out. A good decision to realise when you are beaten on a project like this. Still can't discount a Shimano offering though....Also wonder when SRAM are going to get in on hub gearing?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Gave up waiting for BBox ordered Hammerschmidt AM yesterday.

"Its All Good"
    Yep, it is indeed a shame, still wish they would put a price on building one on a custom order basis... There is some people out there that would pay a premium to have a BBoxx to go with their Nicolai frame...

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    i too have kept well away from the Scmidt due to the weight / cost and reliability issues.
    however, i doubt BBox will be much lighter, and that spline design doesn't look too long lasting to me. it looks too rounded to provide powerful purchase / grip..........?

anyway - gotta dash - we're off skiing / boarding all day

You always mention these reliability issues when you mention the HS but i am yet to see any information on this???

Everyone i know who has them has had zero problems infact the only problem i had was when i was out cycling in -12 deg C and it wouldnt shift but i doubt any other brand would have either!
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast