Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Wide bars

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952

    Wide bars

    What wide bars are you all running and what length stem?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    647
    all my bars are 785 wide. dh bike = 40mm, nicolai am 50mm, and tranny 70mm

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Am - Easton monkeylite dh high rise 711mm 50mm stem
    Ion - Vintage Raceface Atlas Fr 1/2" rise 785mm

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    On the am 50mm stem and 740 syntace bars

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    48


    780mm Renthals. Going to cut them down to 760 I think.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mugtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    207
    Raceface Atlas, cut down by an inch on each side, sorry no idea of the length/width. Stem is 70mm

    Nicolai Helius CC

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    115
    AM - Chromag Fubars 730mm, 50mm Renthal stem
    Blue Pig - RF Atlas 720mm, 50mm Truvativ stem

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mugtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by mario83
    AM - Chromag Fubars 730mm, 50mm Renthal stem
    Blue Pig - RF Atlas 720mm, 50mm Truvativ stem
    Ooh I have a blue pig too. Awesome bike. Same bar and stem setup as the cow

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    795
    AM, PointOne Racing 50mm, Answer Pro Taper cut down to 760mm
    Evil Sovereign, Sunline 65mm, Chromag Fubar OSX 760mm

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    FR, thomson 50mm with my old session 711mm bars (soon to be swapped for Easton Havoc carbon 750mm, if i can ever find a pair!)

    Session, 45mm Funn direct mount, Renthal 780mm

    *Note: If you get Renthals be careful hanging a fullface lid on them as the colours coming off mine

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chazf325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Sunline V1's on my AFR

    Race Face Atlas Wide Bars on my S/C Heckler, soon to be collectors piece no doubt now Race Face have gone bust. Real shame that great company.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeyakey
    FR, thomson 50mm with my old session 711mm bars (soon to be swapped for Easton Havoc carbon 750mm, if i can ever find a pair!)

    Session, 45mm Funn direct mount, Renthal 780mm

    *Note: If you get Renthals be careful hanging a fullface lid on them as the colours coming off mine

    Try Merlin Cycles,they have the Havoc Carbon 750mm Dh bars

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thepimpmessiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    539
    750 high rise x 50 on the Nukey (old skool)
    745 low x 60 on the AM
    685 x 70 on the XC
    685 x 120 on the SS...

    XC needs 710 I think.

  14. #14
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    711 Easton CNT DH + 50 thomson on the AM - Hits the trees through the nadgeries.
    711 Easton CNT DH + 70 RF Atlas on the Ti456 - Hits the trees through the nadgeries.
    711 Easton CNT DH + 70 Hope Meteor on the VF2 - Hits the trees through the nadgeries.

    Probably the ideal width for me.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952
    Think i am going to try some low rise at 750mm .

    Liked the 711mm on the ION,but would like to try wider,Can always cut the 750mm ones down.

    Would like some wider ones on the AC,they feel narrow to me at 690mm

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mugtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazf325
    Sunline V1's on my AFR

    Race Face Atlas Wide Bars on my S/C Heckler, soon to be collectors piece no doubt now Race Face have gone bust. Real shame that great company.
    **** I didn't know Race Face had gone bust I really love their stuff

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    539
    Just fitted me 55mm Haven stem and 750mm Havoc Carbon Bar, will be out all day tomorrow to give it a good try out, prevously was running 70mm Stem and 660mm Bar (hang over coming from an xc HT)

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952
    Quote Originally Posted by wpuk
    Just fitted me 55mm Haven stem and 750mm Havoc Carbon Bar, will be out all day tomorrow to give it a good try out, prevously was running 70mm Stem and 660mm Bar (hang over coming from an xc HT)
    Have you a photo of the Havoc bar.Probably will have one of these.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    539
    Last edited by wpuk; 03-19-2011 at 03:06 PM.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugtree
    **** I didn't know Race Face had gone bust I really love their stuff
    even the bottom brackets???!!!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952
    Thanks,They will look sweet on the FR.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Try Merlin Cycles,they have the Havoc Carbon 750mm Dh bars
    ahhh keep forgetting about merlin!! good call.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    RF BB = I can't beleive its not butter.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,952
    The worst BB i ever brought was a Raceface signature DH,Costy just over 100 and lasted 4 weeks.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chazf325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugtree
    **** I didn't know Race Face had gone bust I really love their stuff

    Yep!! Read this :

    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Race-Fa...s-Release.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •