banned

Who Has An Helius AM and a (newer) FR?

Frankenbike idea:

Is it possible to put a FR SS on an AM, which will slacken the bike out and drop the BB, and then perhaps add a longer shock to give some options for geo and clearance with the seat tube?

steep fast and loose :)
    doubtful as the seatstay top mount location on the AM is about 80mm forward of that of the FR.

speak to Dipper, www.gravity-sports.co.uk , as I have an AM [2009] And he has a few FR's [2009] which he has put together recently.

banned
    Well, that dimensional difference was factored in with the question. That difference also appears in the SS, so I'm wondering about the possibility of geo tweaks using it alone, as well as in combination with alternate dimensioned shocks.

steep fast and loose :)
    i'd suggest dropping the BB height on the AM would be a bad move. with standard rocker / SS on my AM , pedal strike is hazardous (static BB height = 13.3" on my large with 2009 TALAS 36).....

what are you thinking jerky ?

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    I know people have done it with the CC/FR so i suspect some sort of mod would be possible, altho as TLR says the BB height is pretty low once your into the sag esp. if you ride rocky trails like we have in the NE Scotland.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products