Fat & Single

Where can i buy an AM ?

Hey , I currently ride an 08 Specialized Enduro and im going to get myself something more exotic for 09 , i was tossing up over the FR and the AM ....
    BUT i really cant justify the extra inch when all my riding starts and ends at the same spot, so any hill im belting down started with me riding up.
    From what i have read the Helium AM is nearly the same geo as my current bike so it makes sense to look down this path as i have no Nicolai dealer in my state to trial ride.

So im quite set on the AM over the FR as there is no lifts or shuttles for any of the riding i do and i dont want to feel shafted over the greed for more travel when my Enduro is everything i need AND MORE.

I have not looked into the prices of buying one yet here in Australia but i can be absolutely assured they it would be way cheaper to buy it in the UK. My family all live there so it would be no probs to buy there.

Is there any dealers in the UK who would ship to Oz or is it the usual closed shop....live in oz buy from oz dealer ?????

I see on Nicolai UK that the price of a HeliusAM is 1600 uk pounds for 2009 , with the exchange rate at the moment thats only $3200au , which is pretty good.

Will look into the price in oz tomorrow anyway.
    Last edited by ozzybmx; 01-05-2009 at 06:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sounds like your best option is to have it delivered to your family and ask them to take responsibility for shipping to Oz. I can't imagine a bike shop wanting the hassle of organising shipping to outside of the EU.
    Tell us where you family live in the UK and I'm sure we can tell you where the closest dealer is.

banned
    Well, right now, the pound has crashed, and it's below par with the euro, so you need to time your delivery and payment with the exchange in better favor when or if the pound comes up if you're looking to buy in the UK.

'All over it!'
    As geetee says, there are many Nicolai dealers in the UK, three of them I can honestly say are the best to deal with. I agree with the above, I think it would be better to buy in the UK and have family send it on to Oz, keep us posted..

Fat & Single
    The closest dealer is Real-cycles in Belfast.

Yeah thats why im looking at it now because the pound has taken a dive , a few weeks ago it was 40p to the ozzy dollar, its now 48.5.

So 2 weeks ago it would have been $4000 , now its $3200 approx.
    Last edited by ozzybmx; 01-01-2009 at 04:24 AM.

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    As geetee says, there are many Nicolai dealers in the UK, three of them I can honestly say are the best to deal with. I agree with the above, I think it would be better to buy in the UK and have family send it on to Oz, keep us posted..
    Yeah i can nearly guess the price of this frame is going to be closer to the $5000 here.

steep fast and loose :)
    ozzy - here's mine to keep you going. gravity sports are pretty flexible when it comes to shipment / payment, etc. give richard (dipper on this forum) a PM.

fwiw, if you're fit, you'll not notice the diff between a FR and an AM. the FR however really benefits from 180mm forks, and as such the weight will increase over a 160mm fox 36 for e.g.
    i decided having ran my coil sprung 6 pack for so long, that a 160mm AM bike, with air sprung suspension was more suited to my riding needs, similar to yours, so i've elected to go AM rather than FR ..

hope this helps, and as i say, give dipper a PM.

Fat & Single
    Dipper PM'd , Thanks !

Fat & Single
    Need i say AWESOME BIKE lecht rocks .

You bike looks pretty close to the way i will build mine only i will be going XT gear and probably green front tri / white back..... cant wait now

I was trying to line up a few bits i have .... my joplin post is 30.9mm ... oh well new one of them to get too .

EDIT : Oh yeah EXTRA LOVE red ano bits and red stickers.
    Last edited by ozzybmx; 01-02-2009 at 12:31 AM.