mtbr member

What's up boys? ( CC content )

Well,well ,well,look what the cat draged in.HaHa.How is everyone? If you all are still riding Nicolai's my guess is your all are doing just FINE...Just wanted to give a ride report on my 08 sky camo Helius CC.I got it all together back in March but didn't touch it untill about four weeks ago.WHY you ask,well I did a ton of road riding from March to about a month ago and dropped about 30 pounds.This being my second CC and my thrid Nicolai it's not like I was really surprised when this bike just killed it on my local trails.I swapped out the blue Hope stem for a black Thompson (looks MUCH better) and also swapped out the small block 8's for some Kenda Nevagals (also a great move).The bike is set up at just under 5in.front and rear,and for a quote" XC BIKE" this thing has as much balls if not more than most all mountain/ FR bikes.It's crazy just how stiff this bike feels,and when you drop the hammer it just moves out hard and fast. I'm am all most done with my new toy (Vassago Jabborwalky rigid SS 29er) and I'm really pumped about riding this bad boy.I am for sure way on the other side of the 29er fence.And will for sure be looking to get on a 29er fully sometime soon.I REALLY wish Nicolai would make a CC 29er.I'd be all over that thing if they did. I love my CC soooo much but like I said I know a 29er fully is next on my MUST HAVE NOW list.I hope that I don't have to sell the CC to make this happen.But like I said if Nicolai comes out with a Helius 29er the 26in CC will be up for sale.Hope everyone is well and like I said just wanted to say WHAT UP!!!!.CF.....

'All over it!'
    Good to have you back CF and great to hear that the CC is doing it for you.

wyrd bi ful rd
    Great to hear from you again CF .... how was the sabbatical?

As you can see we are all still here ... dont thing anyone who has ever owned a nicolai will put it up on sale unless they need the $ to get a new one ...

remember to post up some new updated pictures ...

"Its All Good"
    Welcome back Bro..... Great to hear from you.... Awesome to hear the CC is rocking it...

it is not out of the question for Nicolai to build a FS 29er.... They can do it, have asked the questions... Not sure though it is as easy as saying, build me a 29er helius CC please....

May have to broach the subject again, I for sure would be partial to a Nicolai Helius of some sort FS 29er...... yeah baby....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Good to see you back up and posting Mr Crazy..
    All alive a kicking here at planet Nicolai ;-)
    All a little worn out after the great Surrey UK ride over the weekend.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

mtbr member
    Hey CF, didn't you also have a Knolly Endorphin built up? If you did how was it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    CF - need to see photos of that baby....

mtbr member

Endorphin?

Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Hey CF, didn't you also have a Knolly Endorphin built up? If you did how was it?
    Ya,CBK I did have one but I sold it to fund m pimp arse 29er rigid SS.It was a VERY VERY nice bike.ALMOST Nicolai nice"ALMOST" But the truth is that I don't really miss it.

mtbr member

Yo heihei,,

Quote Originally Posted by heihei
    CF - need to see photos of that baby....
    If you search back on this forum( back in like March I think) there is a thread loaded with pictures of it.Unless some of the savy computor guys can post up a link.Keep in mind I changed out the blue Hope stem for a black X4 (HUGE difference)and no more SMB 8's.Ask Ncig people are just looseing there minds out in woods when they see it.

Drink...sleep
    Good one on the stem CF, the only bit I didn't like. Still think the I9 blue spokes are a bit too much as well. But might change my mind if you post some updated pics

Here's the old thread: Fred's new Psickolai

mtbr member

Thanks Boozzz

Quote Originally Posted by Boozzz
    Good one on the stem CF, the only bit I didn't like. Still think the I9 blue spokes are a bit too much as well. But might change my mind if you post some updated pics

Here's the old thread: Fred's new Psickolai
    The blue Hope stem( As sweet of a stem as it is )never sat right with me.The black Thompson X4 just flows perfect with the black head tube.The blue on blue I9's how ever are the ducks nuts.And the Nevagals give more of a mean look as well.Thanks again guys.CF.I'll get up a couple recent pictures as soon as I can...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just had a look and absolutely agree about the blue stem - good its gone.

The I9s look great. Shame you didn't get a mix of blue and black spokes to match the paint job

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Welcome back CF. Glad to hear the CC is working well for you. That camo is so dialed.

I think you made a good call swapping that stem, the black will look so perfect. I noticed that the stem and bar rise combo puts the bars quite high on your CC. Have you tried a lower setup? You might find better bite on the front tire when railing corners, not to mention less wandering on the climbs. Just a thought, your current setup may be the best for your riding style, just thinking out loud...

mtbr member

Yo T what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Welcome back CF. Glad to hear the CC is working well for you. That camo is so dialed.

I think you made a good call swapping that stem, the black will look so perfect. I noticed that the stem and bar rise combo puts the bars quite high on your CC. Have you tried a lower setup? You might find better bite on the front tire when railing corners, not to mention less wandering on the climbs. Just a thought, your current setup may be the best for your riding style, just thinking out loud...
    ALWAYS got room for your opinion T.You hit it right on the head with it being best for my riding style( and what a style it is thank you,HaHa ) but I have more than a few times thought about trying a lower sweep bar. And please continue to think out loud anytime you want. CF..