mtbr member

What's my bike worth?

Ok guys here we go.....are you ready?.......Ok well as much as it pains me to say this but I'm going to be selling my custom sky camo blue Nicolai Helius CC( yes the one I just built like two months ago). Yes I know sad but true right? Truth is boys if this thing was a 29er I'd be in heaven.But because I suffer from"MUST HAVE NOW" I need to sell this piece of art on wheels in order to fund my new 29er fully project.Now my question to you all is what the Fu@k do I ask for this bike? I mean I don't have to tell you all this thing is BRAND NEW,and that it has well over $7000 invested into it.I don't want to take a beating nor should I but what and how do I price this thing?I'm selling it as a complete bike or frame and fork and wheels..I'm not trying to make a killing or anything I just want enough for the CC to get into another 29er frame and fork and wheels.(I get all my bike stuff at cost so It shouldn't be to hard to do).Trust me I'd like to keep it and just save up for my 29er fully and I might just have to but it will be quite painful as I'm no good at waiting for anything. I'd be lying if I didn't say doing this really scares me because this is hands down the sickest bike I've ever owned.BUT I just know I want to be on the big wheels because for me they really are the balls to ride..Thanks guys.CF..Bike will be on classifieds with in the next 24 hours..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Part it out if it doesn't sell complete, Fred. Watch out for Ebay punks too but Ebay always works well for me. This is a very niche bike and not many can drop that much coin on it but people can afford frames and components. Try selling it complete here and then part it out if that doesn't work.

As far as what to ask for it, I have no idea how much Nicolai frames retail for so I'm not help there but you should get all your money out of the components if you bought them at cost. Actually, you should make money off them if they are like new.

mtbr member

Three days and ONE reply?

Gee thanks for your help guys,,,,

"Its All Good"
    CF, as Flyer mentions, there are not the masses whom will shell out top dollar for a second hand bike, it is for sure in pristine brand new condition, but still second hand.....

With what I know, and that is F all, but I wouldnt think a price of 7K USD is out of the realm... It is a top end super fast bike.....

But Flyer also has a point in saying it might be easier to sell it off as parts.... You may have some connections for the frame of whom may like it.... I have held that frame in my hot palms, and it is an awesome frame...

Or another option is, be like a whole lotta fonzies,and thats cool... Hang onto it for a bit more, really get used to the 29er SS and see how it goes.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member

Thanks bro,

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    CF, as Flyer mentions, there are not the masses whom will shell out top dollar for a second hand bike, it is for sure in pristine brand new condition, but still second hand.....

With what I know, and that is F all, but I wouldnt think a price of 7K USD is out of the realm... It is a top end super fast bike.....

But Flyer also has a point in saying it might be easier to sell it off as parts.... You may have some connections for the frame of whom may like it.... I have held that frame in my hot palms, and it is an awesome frame...

Or another option is, be like a whole lotta fonzies,and thats cool... Hang onto it for a bit more, really get used to the 29er SS and see how it goes.....
    I was only asking what would people here on the Nicolai forum who know and buy Nicolai's pay for this bike.I never said ANYTHING about getting $7000 grand that would be insane.I also really just want to sell the frame fork and wheels as I can use the rest of the P.I.M.P parts to put together my 29er.Truth is I really don't want to sell it,as most of you alreadt know it is a REAllY SICK BIKE....I may just hold on to it and just save up and build the 29er over like the next 6 months.I'll keep you posted for sure..Whafe I'm really diggin the Vassago,tons of fun. CF..

local trails rider
    You clearly like (no: LOVE!!!!) your new 29er.

Are you sure you will like the FS 29er better than the Helius CC?

banned
    Deja vu once again.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Deja vu once again.
    In balls and all.............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"